Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coworker and I were talking about our mygigs and how the maps were outdated. I went ahead and purchased the 2013 maps. Now he wants to figure out a way to get the maps on his mygig.

Ive seen people clone hard drives and make them larger. I have seen pre loaded mygig hard drives for sale on the internet.

My question is...if I clone my RHB mygig hard drive, then restore it to his RHB mygig hard drive...will his mygig magically load the new 2013 maps or will there be errors?

·
Registered
679 Posts
The radio reads the cars VIN. and the VIN is connected to the password for the disc. I have wondered if he put his radio in your car would it update. Depending on year you may need the security code for the radio.

·
Administrator
3,746 Posts
A coworker and I were talking about our mygigs and how the maps were outdated. I went ahead and purchased the 2013 maps. Now he wants to figure out a way to get the maps on his mygig.

Ive seen people clone hard drives and make them larger. I have seen pre loaded mygig hard drives for sale on the internet.

My question is...if I clone my RHB mygig hard drive, then restore it to his RHB mygig hard drive...will his mygig magically load the new 2013 maps or will there be errors?
This is a violation of intellectual property rights (piracy) and these types of discussions are against our rules.

The poster after you is correct BTW.

Bernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.