Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Where should we drive to? Do you want to do lunch at Pops?

• Other- if selected post suggestion in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuts to lunch, let's skip it and go straight to the drive!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys and gals, since we had such success with our last outing back in November several of us have decided to do another meet and greet followed by a nice drive. Here are the details:

Date: 19 April 2014

Time and location: Meet at Pops off Route 66 between 11:00-11:30 AM. We can talk, show off our cars, take some group pics etc. We can grab some lunch and socialize, or pending majority opinion skip lunch and go for a drive. The drive to Tulsa was great last time, and would work again. Or, we can go the opposite direction to the Route 66 museum a few hours west.

Feel free to invite other challenger owners whether they belong to this forum or another, we had some guys from other websites last time and it was great. Please feel free to toss out suggestions, however this needs to be concrete quickly or it will fall apart. Please RSVP in this thread if you can make it. Let's have another memorable cruise and show off our Challengers!

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in! Sounds like fun whatever we decide on doing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, hopefully we have a good turnout and the weather is nice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Some museum info

The location of the museum is 2229 W Gary Blvd Clinton
Ok 73601. It can take anywhere from 2-nearly 3 hours of drive time from Pops depending on which Route you opt for. I think it would be fun to stick to Route 66 as much as possible, but that still leaves a few options for routing.

I can't speak for the quality of the museum. It's only $4 per adult, but they have a group rate of $3 so we may qualify for that. I know our Challengers would look awesome sitting out front though!

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
What town is the museum in, and is there going to be any bar stops like on a bike run, I'm thinking about bringing the grandbaby and her mama if not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What town is the museum in, and is there going to be any bar stops like on a bike run, I'm thinking about bringing the grandbaby and her mama if not.
I figured we could stop at a couple sites which I can look up, but nothing like bar stops. Maybe a park or do a bathroom break etc. I may bring the wife and two little ones as well, depending on if they line anything up otherwise. A lot of it depends on who wants to do what and how much time we want to take.

Reactions: justkelvin

·
Registered
449 Posts
If we do the museum we could shoot straight south out of Clinton to Cordell then take 152 east to Red Rock, someone might want to chime in here I haven't been on 152 in several years don't know what shape its in and it is probably 35-40 miles to the Hinton turnoff just throwing something out here

·
Registered
31 Posts
I should still be able to make it. I'll let you know if anything changes. Just found out the husband is going to be out of town that day but maybe I can get one of my friends to ride along with me ;) or maybe my dog lol

1 - 20 of 63 Posts