Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday - enough of work, time to stop to buy a 12 pack and go home.
The guy behind me at the store says "how do you like that Challenger"
"the best car I've had since the '70's"
He says "Yeah but it's really dangerous"
"Only when you press the right side pedal too far".
He talks about his past cars, the '69 Camaro, the Datsun something that he just sold, he says:
"Never drive a RWD again in the snow"
"Well, when it is really nasty, I take the beater to work, but with good snow tires, all it takes is gentle acceleration; the braking is the same between AWD, RWD and FWD."
Then we both take our Friday treats off to our cars and he is behind me and I drive this beautiful beast through the parking lot; pushing her just enough to drift through the half inch or so of fresh snow yet make perfect turns.
By God I love this car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Great post. If I hear one more person say "nice car, but" and then lecture me on how rear wheel drive cars are dangerous to drive in winter, I'm gonna b**** slap em. I guess with the invention of front wheel, all wheel, anti lock, traction control, computers, etc. no one knows how to drive anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
I drove home from work last night in a level 2 snow emergency here in North Ohio. The Challenger did a great job with all the electronic nannies and snow tires. Took me an hour to go 20 miles in complete comfort; stereo on, fogs on, auto temp control, butt warmer. Just cruising and watching a few idiots driving way to fast in their awd, fwd, and 4x4's. Saw several vehicles being wench lined out of the median. I was driving rear drive vehicles in the snow since I started driving in 1967 and this car does a terrific job ( posi helps )! This snow did catch me off guard though. In heavy snow I take the wife's Jeep ( she's retired )! I'm just another aging motor head "livin the dream" in my Challenger!!!

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
Great post. If I hear one more person say "nice car, but" and then lecture me on how rear wheel drive cars are dangerous to drive in winter, I'm gonna b**** slap em. I guess with the invention of front wheel, all wheel, anti lock, traction control, computers, etc. no one knows how to drive anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You left out automatic transmissions, there was a time when almost everyone knew how to drive a manual trans. Today most can't and even car jackers have to be selective as they are unable to drive a stick.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I hear you. Around here, they think all the technogagetry somehow makes you immune to the laws of physics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts