Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys,but should i b checkingn online for any updates to my unit,all ive done is download tune and run it,i plan on adding shorty headers this winter will this need an upgraded tune when i do this,i apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking this but i know the some of u will steer me in the right direction. thank u mike:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I don't think you'll need a custom tune for the headers. But if you'd feel better going that route, I'd suggest getting a custom tune done on a dyno from a good performance shop. It's worth the money, my car picked up 17rwhp and 25rwtq

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thk u, still learning on this predetor on what i can and cant do with it,i know there is a lot of info out there on it but just takes time for a old school guy like me for it sink in! thks again

·
Registered
597 Posts
Custom Tunes

I don't disagree that a "custom" tune will help but aren't most of the people who are getting one prob getting exactly the same thing?

Lets say 50% of the people getting custom tunes have a CAI, Catback exhaust and High flow cats. Once they've done 10 or 20 of these aren't they just going to pencil whip them through as fast as they get them in?

They should almost just have them up on thier website, tick off your mods and hit add to cart.

Or are they truly custom to each vehicle?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
good idea but even stock cars run a little different from each other from what i can tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts