Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time it's the UConnect touch screen radio (myGIG/ RER) it won't keep the time!!!

Three times now the clock has been stuck @ 12:00 using "GPS time" and it won't refresh! I thought I'd be clever and use the "user time" feature, to heck with the GPS...

So I set the time and go about my business. Today I get in the car and the clock is somehow 10 minutes fast from what I set it to!!!!

I switched back to GPS time (which worked) but it's only a matter of time before it locks up on 12:00 for the fourth time!

Anyone experience this? What can I do about it!? (my RER is updated to the latest version because I had to update it to get my iPhone 4 to work).

GEEEZE... how many more problems before I get a free upgrade to a 2011 392!? :disgust:

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
If you can get a 392 because your clock freezes. Go for it. Other wise do you think it could be the upgrade you did for the iPhone? Or was it doing it before that too

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I run the latest ver. software on my 2010 RER radio and have never had a problem with the clock other than it not changeing time at DST like I think it should but was told it won't automaticly do that. It just changes the hour when you click it or something like that. On day to day use I'm on GPS time and have no problems.

I agree don't hold your breath on getting a 392 cause your radio is broken.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't agree that your car is a lemon because you think the clock may not work the way you want it to in the future.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA! I don't actually think my car is a lemon, it was a joke.

But now this is:

1. Rattle in the dash
2. Gouged/scored rotor
3. Broken Sunroof
4. Hood not lined up/flush when closed
5. Key fob not found/defective key fob message (car wouldn't start)
6. Clock won't keep time

Hence my comment about "how many more problems"

I've only owned the car like 7 WEEKS!!!! :notallthere:

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Must be a Rolex brand clock.. If it was a Seiko it would keep perfect time! :p

·
Banned
675 Posts
been there done that, just be patient and give them a chance to fix it, I gave them 8 tries before I got nasty with them and got out of my R/T :pimp:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
if you bring your car in for more than 5x(i think) for the same issue during the warranty period(3 years/36,000???) you can sue Dodge under the Magnason Moss warranty act. (Lemon law is 1st year only- Magnason Moss covers anything with a warranty during the warranty period..if they give a 10year/100,000 warranty it gives you 10 years to accumuliate 5x on the same issue)

I sued GM over a transfercase electronic problem...by the time GM settled it was up to 12x for the same issue...if you win the loser pays legal fees (the lawyer said no cost if i lost).......the lawyer also said he wouldnt take the case unless he knew he would win...whole thing took 2 months...i won $10,000 + $5,000 in legal fees....and kept the truck......GM refused to replace the transfer case.....instead they paid 3x-4x....

Keep reciepts for all the times you took it in....even showing up at a dealership and TRYING to get it in to be repaired counts....

if Dodge cant fix it you need to be compensated for accepting a defective vehicle....

youve had alot of problems, but its not tooo bad....ive had just as bad luck with my last Toyota

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts
I wish my list was as short as yours, but then you've only had the car a short time.
I'm somewhere around a dozen warrenty issues, all fairly minor.
It's still my favorite car I've ever owned.
Secret to a happy life.....don't sweat the small stuff!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as it is only minor annoyances now and again like the clock or a rattle or something I will still enjoy this car!

I'm hoping it doesn't spiral into powertrain issues because that would be a terrible thing.

Shows how awesome these Challengers are that despite all the trips back in to the dealership I still have NO desire to drive ANY other car on the road.

(but if my driving experience was flawless it wouldn't hurt my feelings... here's hoping i'll catch a little luck)

...and if anyone has any more suggestions for the radio I would appreciate it; i'll probably bring her in tomorrow to get looked at.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
sorry to hear about all the issues...sucks

·
Registered
355 Posts
if you bring your car in for more than 5x(i think) for the same issue during the warranty period(3 years/36,000???) you can sue Dodge under the Magnason Moss warranty act. (Lemon law is 1st year only- Magnason Moss covers anything with a warranty during the warranty period..if they give a 10year/100,000 warranty it gives you 10 years to accumuliate 5x on the same issue)

I sued GM over a transfercase electronic problem...by the time GM settled it was up to 12x for the same issue...if you win the loser pays legal fees (the lawyer said no cost if i lost).......the lawyer also said he wouldnt take the case unless he knew he would win...whole thing took 2 months...i won $10,000 + $5,000 in legal fees....and kept the truck......GM refused to replace the transfer case.....instead they paid 3x-4x....

Keep reciepts for all the times you took it in....even showing up at a dealership and TRYING to get it in to be repaired counts....

if Dodge cant fix it you need to be compensated for accepting a defective vehicle....

youve had alot of problems, but its not tooo bad....ive had just as bad luck with my last Toyota

Good for you that you didn't back down with GM. Too often people going through the same thing do not pursue their rights.

·
Registered
487 Posts

But now this is:

1. Rattle in the dash
2. Gouged/scored rotor
3. Broken Sunroof
6. Clock won't keep time

Did they fix the rattle in the dash? Mine has just started rattling on the drivers side.
________
Ryushi009

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is the only issue that I have seen:
"4. Hood not lined up/flush when closed"

After a year of ownership, have not seen any other issues.

But now this is:

1. Rattle in the dash
2. Gouged/scored rotor
3. Broken Sunroof
6. Clock won't keep time

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did they fix the rattle in the dash? Mine has just started rattling on the drivers side.
Not yet, too scared to bring it in!

Can you imagine a Chrysler tech having all the time he wants to "Explore" under your dash looking for a rattle!!??? Yikes...

Chances are i'll bring it in and it won't make the noise as-is standard procedure for these stupid cars! The dealership's start to think you're crazy, hearing all these things that conveniently aren't around AT THE DEALERSHIP!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Good for you that you didn't back down with GM. Too often people going through the same thing do not pursue their rights.
i traded in the truck 1 week before they cut the check to avoid having to disclose the defect....i got $10k less than i paid for it 3 years earlier(originally i got like $14k in rebates)......so i drove the truck for 3 years for free!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts