Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in my other thread I started but I thought it needed it's own thread..

I,ve Been driving my Challenger for 3 weeks now and I love the car and the STP.

However I do have another question about STP more specifically the ESP on/off switch. I thought I read another posts that the cars with STP have a 3 mode on/off and full off ESP switch?

My question is how do I make the ESP full off?

Do I hold the ESP button in for several seconds?
Right now I can make it go on or off..
Also is full off ESP the same as the "key trick" "ESP off/BAS off"?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
When you see Mr. Squiggly and BAS, you are full off. And yes, this is the same as the key trick. With STP, you don't need to do the "Key Trick"

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Hold the ESP button for 8 seconds, you should get a message in the EVIC that ESP is off. I think the car also has to be in park.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Does not have to be in park but can not be moving when you hold down the ESP button for 8 sec.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think you get a chime when it goes off
I finally was able to get the car out today and try it.. I dont have EVIC on the car so I held the esp button in while the car was still for about 8 seconds and it chimed at me... So I assume this means it's fully off like the key trick.. Correct?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The six speed has always had the ability to fully turn off ESP and I may be wrong I have been searching but I remember reading a article about the 2011 finally having full ESP off.

Evic or not if you have it the ESP/BAS light and the squigleys should light up.

I was hoping it was in the 2010's cause I am looking to buy one

·
Registered
419 Posts
The six speed has always had the ability to fully turn off ESP and I may be wrong I have been searching but I remember reading a article about the 2011 finally having full ESP off.

Evic or not if you have it the ESP/BAS light and the squigleys should light up.

I was hoping it was in the 2010's cause I am looking to buy one
My 2009 6 speed (Track Pack) does not have that feature. I have to do the key trick to get ESP full off. I believe there was one member here who said his 2009 6 speed had the ESP full off feature with the ESP button.

All Super Track Pack cars have the ability to use the ESP button to turn ESP full off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
what is the difference in the cars performance by holding ESP for 8 seconds as compared to just pressing it. My car is stored now and it cant try for myself.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....as Stricnine said, ESP "full off" is a feature that is already available on R/T's equipped with the STP option. If you have STP, pressing the ESP button once will turn off the program "partially". Holding the button while stopped for about 5-10 seconds will turn it off completely. You don't have to be in park but you do need to be stopped (not moving).

Also, the BAS/ESP light does not illuminate turning off ESP this way. However, the traction control icon will (just as it does when the system is partially off). In addition, a chime will sound and (if you have EVIC), a message will display telling you that ESP is now disabled.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Found it

**Details on Super Track Pack for 2010 Challenger R/T:
- 20-inch Goodyear F1 Super Car tires
- Front and Rear Nivomat Self-Leveling shock-absorbers
- Larger rear stabilizer bar
- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
- Performance Brake Linings
- "ESP-off" Stability Calibration (for the enthusiast)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Good to know. I'll have to try it out. Thanks, Al.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Found it

- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
....performance steering with variable displacement is also included. However, folks with the 6 speed/"track pack" already have some of the features those of us with the auto get in the STP (and the rear diff options are different). ....so, if you have the 6 speed, the STP package is a bit cheaper and with the auto, it's more expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found it

- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio

Thanks for posting this!

I have the STP and the only differences I have on my car from this list are Bilstein Shocks instead of the Nivomat... (I checked under the car and they are Bilsteins) Maybe the early production STP packaged cars came with Nivomat shocks??? I have no idea if there is any difference between the two...:shrug03:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Found it

- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
I guess that list is for auto's, as I have Bilsteins on my 6sp STP Challenger built 10/22

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....some of use have Bilsteins and others Nivomats. I have Bilsteins as well on my auto STP that I believe was built in April 2010. There seems to be no pattern that I can determine after reading several other owners talk about it.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
....some of use have Bilsteins and others Nivomats. I have Bilsteins as well on my auto STP that I believe was built in April 2010. There seems to be no pattern that I can determine after reading several other owners talk about it.
Damn; I'm gonna need to crawl under mine and check. Is there an easy way to tell?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Damn; I'm gonna need to crawl under mine and check. Is there an easy way to tell?
Mine have a label wrapped around the bottom of each shock with the Bilstein logo on it (and the part # if I remember correctly). I can see it by just poking my head under the rear of the car. I'm not sure how the Nivomats are labeled though (sorry).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts