Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went test driving an R/T today and found one that had most of what I want, at a reasonable starting price. The dealship was trying to push the car on us, but we were not ready to buy and they were having trouble giving us a good value on our trade in. Below is the sticker, deal wants $30,995. Thoughts on the price? Also Dodge advertises a 0% financing but I got a song and dance that the dealer would not honor that because the car was discounted ($3000 due to being a 2010 and $2000 for list vs MSRP price), is this normal they don't honor the incentives Dodge has?

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT8AH261631

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Not a bad price, but the dealer is trying to make it back in combination of trade and financing kick back. If they can get you financed at a higher rate, then they actually receive a percentage back from the bank.

I think the price is not too bad, but I would insist on the 0% financing, assuming you're creditworthy and can qualify. You can also go to your bank and try to get financed as well. Your bank may not get you 0%, but you can use that as a negotiating tool.. again, assuming your credit stacks up.

As far as the trade is considered, not sure what you're trading in, so hard to say. Typically, most people think their trade is worth more than it really is.

Mike

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I got my R/T Classic for $30,712. The sticker was $38,490. If I would have done 0%, the price would have went up well beyond what the interest on my loan of 3.16% was. Hope this helps, but 7-8K off the R/T and 9K off the SRT-8s are fairly common now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trade may be a mute point as its my GF car and she wants to sell it privately to family. They were going to give $1k-$1.5K lower than KBB even after I pointed it and they looked it up. They didn't seem to want to give any more on trade or price.

I think if we go for it without the trade I want to see about knocking down the price now that we don't have trade and will revisit the financing. I do have pretty good credit and we should be able to qualify for pretty good rates.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my R/T Classic for $30,712. The sticker was $38,490. If I would have done 0%, the price would have went up well beyond what the interest on my loan of 3.16% was. Hope this helps, but 7-8K off the R/T and 9K off the SRT-8s are fairly common now.
Did you finance through the dealership then?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 0% for 2010's is thru Allied Financial which is a joint venture between Chrysler and GM. This should have no impact on the sales price of the car. It's true they get kickbacks for higher rates but the sole purpose of this 0% is to move the 2010's off the lots! Remember, the longer they have the car on the lot, the more interest the dealer pays for the floorplan. They have enough incentive there to move the car. If you can get the vin#, look it up on insight to see when the car got delivered to the dealership and use that as one of your bargaining items.

My advice, unless you absolutely have to have this particular car, make them come to you. Something about the words "no deal" just hits a dealership hard! =)

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dealers have either $3000 dealer cash or 0% 60 months or 1.9 for 72 months. Unfortunately you can't combine the two. Also there is a limited number of '10 models available and not a very good color choice with 11's due to paint issue. I say let dealer make fair profit and buy fast they won't last long!! IMO...

·
Registered
411 Posts
5k off MSRP is not a good deal right now. I have seen them for as much as 10k off on the pink ones and 7 or 8 k off on others.

Pretty soon these will be 2 year old cars stuck on the lots. They have to be killing the dealers sitting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 0% for 2010's is thru Allied Financial which is a joint venture between Chrysler and GM. This should have no impact on the sales price of the car. It's true they get kickbacks for higher rates but the sole purpose of this 0% is to move the 2010's off the lots! Remember, the longer they have the car on the lot, the more interest the dealer pays for the floorplan. They have enough incentive there to move the car. If you can get the vin#, look it up on insight to see when the car got delivered to the dealership and use that as one of your bargaining items.

My advice, unless you absolutely have to have this particular car, make them come to you. Something about the words "no deal" just hits a dealership hard! =)

Good luck!
Whats insight? Tried to google it and no luck, I would like to know how long they have had it. We are not in need of a car, and I am willing to try to play the price game for a bit, if we loose this one, OH WELL guess we might have to look at an '11.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Well, I just did the math, the price I got was about 20.2% off sticker. Based on your sticker, around 29K would be what I would shoot for if you really want it. Get your own financing if you can like I did. Make a fair offer and see what they do. Then walk out on them. I guarantee if they want to sell it, they will call you back the same day. It's end of the month too don't forget.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I found both the cars I like on Insight and they both arrived last June. Using that as leverage I want to work the price down. I think I want to try to to get a Classic they have listed for $32.8K and see how much I can get them down. How low is too low to make an offer to a dealer. I want to see if I cant get them down another 10% or more, is that reasonable?

·
Registered
529 Posts
So I found both the cars I like on Insight and they both arrived last June. Using that as leverage I want to work the price down. I think I want to try to to get a Classic they have listed for $32.8K and see how much I can get them down. How low is too low to make an offer to a dealer. I want to see if I cant get them down another 10% or more, is that reasonable?
If you are interested in a Classic and a manual you should consider a 2011. My 2011 Classic manual stickers for exactly $4,000 less than the 2010 model with exactly the same equipment. Also, there is a $1,000 rebate on the 2011 model so the difference goes to $5,000.

The reason for this is that for 2011 Dodge added a bunch of equipment as standard, HID, Electronics Convenience and made the manual standard vs. a $1K option.

Plus there are suspension upgrades, steering wheel and it is not already a year old.

If you are interested in a automatic, the 2010 may be a better deal because the Auto was standard in 2010, and is now a $1k option for 2011 so the difference may be only $2K plus $1K rebate.

There is no way I would pay anywhere near $5k off a 2010 manual car. It should be more like $7-8K or more to get me to bite.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
As been stated, color is an important factor too. That is why I bought a 2010. The selection for 2011 is not as good as 2010 in my opinion - no more B5 Blue, Hemi Orange, Detonator Yellow, Furious Fuschia, Plum Crazy Purple, Torred, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats way too much to pay for one of those "J" model cars.
get a classic if you can. you wont be sorry.
I prefer everything about the '10 over the '11 especially the 4 spoke steering wheel, but thats just personal opinion.
there are thousands of Challengers for sale (including mine) I wouldnt just jump on the first one...........NO WAY.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We went test driving an R/T today and found one that had most of what I want, at a reasonable starting price. The dealship was trying to push the car on us, but we were not ready to buy and they were having trouble giving us a good value on our trade in. Below is the sticker, deal wants $30,995. Thoughts on the price? Also Dodge advertises a 0% financing but I got a song and dance that the dealer would not honor that because the car was discounted ($3000 due to being a 2010 and $2000 for list vs MSRP price), is this normal they don't honor the incentives Dodge has?

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT8AH261631
Is that the only dealer around or something? Walk or get an 11. You should get an 11 for 3 under sticker PLUS a 1k rebate. I got 2.4% for 66 at the dealership thru Citi AutoFinance

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the classic they had was gone, but the R/T I started this thread about was still there. Second time in, so I had them see what they would do on the cost. They went down $1k to $29995, claiming they been selling a lot of Challengers. They sold 2 or so according there online inventory and I guess the rest they got from other dealers. They also claimed they had it for under 10 months, I looked it up and its nearing a year. I walked, told them I would be back when they still had it in a few months. I will see if they call me back. Right now I ok with spend a little more to get get a 11 R/T and shopping around or order exactly what I want.

Thanks for all the help, I don't have much experience with dealing with dealerships so its nice getting feedback here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.