Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 2015 Scat with the 10 speaker upgraded Alpine system. The system leaves a lot to be desired for both lows and highs. I added the JL Stealthbox so I now have the bass I was looking for so now I am trying to address the highs. I was just going to stick a set of 3.5" Infinity in the dash and I think that would be a great upgrade, but I read a post that posed the notion that the door and dash speakers could act as a component set. Meaning they the factory system sends bass signals only to the door speakers and only high frequencies to the dash speakers. Can anybody confirm this? If this is the case I will pick up a 6" X 9" or 6.5" component set and stick the "sub" in the door and stick the tweeters in the dash. Just looking for some confirmation somebody that has some experience with the system in these bad ass cars.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
That is correct - the door and dash speakers act as a component set. However, putting the Infinity 3.5" speakers in the dash won't "break" that setup - you'll just get better treble from the dash.

That being said, if you are looking to replace the door and the dash speakers, Kenwood does sell a 6"x9" and 3.5" component set that will drop right in. In hindsight, I probably would have went that route instead of putting 2-way Infinity speakers in the door and 2-way Infinity speakers in the dash (since the door speakers won't use the tweeter anyway). Kind of useless to have that tweeter in the door speaker - and it may actually interfere with the sound from the 6"x9" speaker a little - physically.

Just keep in mind that these systems are DSP'd from the factory for the specific stock speakers - so it's hard to predict how things will sound with different speakers.

Unless you go all out and replace the factory amp with a full amp/DSP setup, you're kind of limited by the stock DSP tuning.

If you are just looking for some more treble, the Infinity 3.5" speakers alone will do the trick.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts