Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I finally hit my goal today got my 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee in the 11s.
Friday I installed an AEM high flow dry panel filter and Trinity 93oct tune. Seat of the pants the car felt stronger better 0-60 times than before.

We'll today made it back to MIR was running back to back [email protected] best 12.02, but the car wasn't pulling as strong in 4th gear. Decided to put the Stock Tune back on the car and went [email protected] then backed it up with [email protected] See attached time slips my best two with Trinity 93oct tune (12.0s) and Stock Tune (11.9s).

Oh yeah I have Nitto NT555R 275/40/20 DRs

Attachments

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
NICE!!!!!!

When I did the custom tune, I had to take timing OUT of the 93 tune to get the best HP and TQ out of it. The stock tune is pretty damn good in these cars as is. Only problem with the stock tune is it will take a crap after you drive the car a few days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell yeah! I was at capital shooting for 11s too, didn't get it.

BTW did u get my PM?
Thanks. How is the New Capitol Raceway?

I got your PM ended up buying Nitto 20" DRs wanted to retain the stock look.

Hopefully we will catch up soon for some cruises to the local car shows.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE!!!!!!

When I did the custom tune, I had to take timing OUT of the 93 tune to get the best HP and TQ out of it. The stock tune is pretty damn good in these cars as is. Only problem with the stock tune is it will take a crap after you drive the car a few days.
Thanks SRT8Tech. I'm not gonna give up on the Trinity tuner yet. I will try a custom tune soon. Maybe you can give me some tips in the right direction.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks. How is the New Capitol Raceway?

I got your PM ended up buying Nitto 20" DRs wanted to retain the stock look.

Hopefully we will catch up soon for some cruises to the local car shows.
Couldn't really tell. Wasn't packed so no hour delay due to break downs. Track was the same prep, nothing like MIR.

Yea, that's cool. What's days were it Fridays?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,038 Posts
Nice job congrats. I'd recommend getting your octane up and trying that 93 tune again. You can either add Torco (check the web site for a chart that tells you how much to mix with your gas to achieve different octane ratings) or add some race fuel. I know that it made a difference on my R/T when running the 93 tune, in order to get the max out of it I had to run good fuel. The standard pump 93 gas just doesn't seem to cut it.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Nice job congrats. I'd recommend getting your octane up and trying that 93 tune again. You can either add Torco (check the web site for a chart that tells you how much to mix with your gas to achieve different octane ratings) or add some race fuel. I know that it made a difference on my R/T when running the 93 tune, in order to get the max out of it I had to run good fuel. The standard pump 93 gas just doesn't seem to cut it.

Yep, the 93 tune works well with race gas or (if you can find it) pure 93 gas with no ethanol. I had to pull a few degrees of timing here and there in the tune to get rid of the ST knock. My custom tune really doesn't have much more timing than the stock tune at certain points.

Its sad when you still get ST knock on the stock tune with 93. When I move to Nebraska in a few weeks, I wont have any 93 available, only 91 and I will have to start all over again. :mecry:Damn sure not gonna get in the 11's at the tracks where im moving to. Elevation is to high.........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, the 93 tune works well with race gas or (if you can find it) pure 93 gas with no ethanol. I had to pull a few degrees of timing here and there in the tune to get rid of the ST knock. My custom tune really doesn't have much more timing than the stock tune at certain points.

Its sad when you still get ST knock on the stock tune with 93. When I move to Nebraska in a few weeks, I wont have any 93 available, only 91 and I will have to start all over again. :mecry:Damn sure not gonna get in the 11's at the tracks where im moving to. Elevation is to high.........
How about Sunoco GT260 it's 100 octane unleaded slightly oxygenated fuel 2.8%.? When I used to race a Super sport class with motorcycles I ran VP MR9 and it picked the stock motor up about 10 horsepower on the dyno equated to 3-4 more mph in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man its nice to run in -1200 DA isnt it!
Yes sir. The air is superb this time of year. I'm gonna try and go even faster before it gets hot and humid. I need more fast cars at the track to lay down som good rubber. It's still tricky getting a good launch even with DRs.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
How about Sunoco GT260 it's 100 octane unleaded slightly oxygenated fuel 2.8%.? When I used to race a Super sport class with motorcycles I ran VP MR9 and it picked the stock motor up about 10 horsepower on the dyno equated to 3-4 more mph in the 1/4 mile.
Sunoco GT260 is AWESOME fuel for a mildly tuned 6.4 Hemi. No ST knock or timing pull and the added oxygen increases power. My B&G tuned Challenger runs like a raped ape on that stuff. Regular 93 with 10% ethanol blows in comparison. Too bad it costs $8/gallon.

·
Registered
828 Posts

There is some stations with 93 around. A gas station called Fantasys sells 93, that's where I get my gas (has 10% ethanol)

·
Registered
226 Posts
We'll I finally hit my goal today got my 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee in the 11s.
Friday I installed an AEM high flow dry panel filter and Trinity 93oct tune. Seat of the pants the car felt stronger better 0-60 times than before.

We'll today made it back to MIR was running back to back [email protected] best 12.02, but the car wasn't pulling as strong in 4th gear. Decided to put the Stock Tune back on the car and went [email protected] then backed it up with [email protected] See attached time slips my best two with Trinity 93oct tune (12.0s) and Stock Tune (11.9s).

Fantastic times, it seems like this Charger runs harder that the Challengers. Now throw in a performance converter and a custom tune 11:50s :)

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

Was there a front coming in (baro pressure rising) while you were at the track? Reason I'm asking is the way your post reads, it appears that the stock tune was faster than the 93 tune which may not of been the case if the DA was dropping fast enough. In consistent DA, my first run is always the quickest and then things settle in after the third run as the fluids cool from sitting between rounds.
I fell victim of thinking one tune was quicker than another once but in reality it was the DA dropping. Couldn't figure out why less timing = quicker ETs with no KNKs in play.
Really nice runs...

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Do they sell it in Lincoln????? I know I can get 93 in Omaha but that's a ways to go to get 93.
93 gas in Omaha has ethanol in it, at least at the stations I've seen. I use BP 91 as it's one of the few premiums that doesn't have ethanol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts