Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outer edges of both front tires on my 2009 SRT (10,400 miles) are extremely worn, is this a normal thing or do I have an alignment issue?
The tire are the factory Goodyear Eagle F1.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
How fast do you take corners?

·
Super Moderator
13,333 Posts
I would get the alignment checked. Often cars from the factory can become misaligned due to chassis transport straps used during shipment.

·
Registered
13,540 Posts
I would get the alignment checked. Often cars from the factory can become misaligned due to chassis transport straps used during shipment.
Good point. The written shipping instructions from FCA say only tire straps are to be used for securement but some truckers still using chains. :mad:

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
F1s are notorious for wearing quickly, especially for a lot of stop/go driving in town. Softer compound is the main reason with this "3 season / summer" type of tire.

rotate the tires every 6K (Chrysler recommends) and probably have alignment checked - it might not be at optimum spec.

I recall a number the early SRT models owners commenting on getting wear like this. The later years '11+, the camber is more aggressive and tire rotation is especially important to do...

·
Registered
69 Posts
How fast do you take corners?
Well, maybe a bit spirited on curvey on/off ramps...Ontario's pretty flat, w/ grid pattern streets....

F1s are notorious for wearing quickly, especially for a lot of stop/go driving in town. Softer compound is the main reason with this "3 season / summer" type of tire.

rotate the tires every 6K (Chrysler recommends) and probably have alignment checked - it might not be at optimum spec.

I recall a number the early SRT models owners commenting on getting wear like this. The later years '11+, the camber is more aggressive and tire rotation is especially important to do...
Will definitely get an alignment after I get new summer rubber. Probably 275's at the rear and 255 up front on the Alcoas :roller:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Get your alignment checked, cars do go out of alignment for many reasons. Alignment should be always be checked when installing new tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, I replaced the front tires and had a FE alignment done, they found and corrected a toe adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
VASRT
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing