Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was to finally able to get my challenger to the shop and have my mechanic put on the exhaust. The stock exhaust came off easy and the solo exhaust went on even easier. We ran into an issue of the passenger side exhaust tip hanging a little low and out about 1/2 further than the driver side tip. My mechanic was able to reach into his bag of tricks and even everything out. He isn't a fan of doing aftermarket work, but he works on my other vehicle's and he is the only one I trust to do so. You could tell he was impressed with the fit and finish of the exhaust system, even more impressed after I told him how much I paid.

Now for the sound, at start up I immediately could tell a difference. A little louder and deeper than stock, just right. In most solo video's you can hear a flutter at start up, in person this is not the case. I began driving home and could not stop smiling! Going through the gear's was sweet music to my ears. It has a good grunt and tone at local easy driving. I purposely took the the long way home to the highway. HOLY COW! This system is pure muscle at WOT. Once I hit my cruising speed and was in 6th gear, its was like my stock exhaust was back on. No drone, no annoying humming. It will be perfect for long trips with the wife. At that point I was very pleased with the exhaust.

Now just today, the wife and I took the challenger and went to pick up my company car from the dealership. I let her drive the challenger home. Yes, I trust my wife with the car. She is just as much of a gear head as I am. I purposely told her to wait for me and let me follow her home so I could hear the exhaust. Yes, I am a nerd but she is cool with it. Hearing the exhaust go through the gears from the outside was INCREDIBLE, it sounds a heck of a lot louder and meaner outside than it does from the inside. After hearing the exhaust inside and out, I am VERY VERY pleased with the purchase, not to mention the great customer service I received when ordering.

To the people over at Solo, you have a great product and great customer service to match. I salute you!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sounds like me, I heard my exhaust twice while in another car. Sounded amazing! Enjoy!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree , I'm very impressed, I bought 3 different systems for my nova and was not happy with any of them , I never did find the exact sound I was looking for , so I was a little worried this system would be the same , I'd buy it put it in and not be happy with it, my gf I think was surprised when I called her and said " I LOVE IT ! Thanks again solo!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts
I need to let someone drive my car so that I can listen to the exhaust from outside. I can hear it pretty well with the windows down, put I suspect it's a bit louder if you are outside (as mentioned above).

I'm really pleased with the Solo catback. I bought mine during their first group buy, so I've had it for a while now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts