Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It's 2 oversize replica wheels ($750) with a specific offset and 2 premium tires ($860) so I don't know how reasonable it can ever be.

But any shop better than a Pep Boys should be able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
It's 2 oversize replica wheels ($750) with a specific offset and 2 premium tires ($860) so I don't know how reasonable it can ever be.

But any shop better than a Pep Boys should be able to figure it out.
"better than a Pep Boys"
That's a pretty low bar.
And would include the kid that does my yard! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those are kind of pricey. But more of what I was asking was the offset and any spacers if needed and cutting or hammering away the inner wheel plastic so it would work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just an added note. I took the spacers out of the front end to test the limits of fitment up there. The 295/40R20 tires fit with no rubbing at all. Still have about a 1/4 inch above and on the inside of the tire before getting into the upper control arm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now that the weather is giving me sub 90f IATs but with warm roads I've been really testing these tires. I can get under a 3.5s 0-60 launch on my daily commute easily.
Best is 3.2s
Last is 3.4s with a full tank of gas.
Manual trans. Sport mode suspension. TCS off. About a 3k rpm launch chewing up a little clutch, then shift from 1-2-3 like all your friends are dealer techs.

I don't even have my cradle bushing lockouts or AAD Performance billet bits installed yet.
I might have to look into squat programming for the rear shocks and see how good this combo can get.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,217 Posts
3.2 0-60 is better than I can do with an A8, MT drag radials and a prepped surface.

Very impressive.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Cluster times off a stock Scatpack with adaptive suspension, 3.90 gears, and great traction...

Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Car Gauge

I now have a Dragy GPS to do some verified runs. And I have a Diablosport suspension controller on the way for some more launch squat.

That should give me some of the 1320 tricks without the garbage cornering of drag radials or small front sway bar (I live in the hills).

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
That is indeed some impressive times. A8? (y)

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Negative. I... don't know how to drive an automatic.
That's hilarious! Love my M6 too. Since I haven't tried it yet in mine, that's a 1-2 shift to get to 60 mph?
Can't wait to try it!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the technical trick to the crazy low time. If you run it to redline in 2nd it will trip the 60mph timer before the shift to 3rd.

A8 has to shift into 3rd around 55. Meaning if I'm quick enough I can beat an A8 to 60mph... but then its chopped up gearing should creep past me in a full 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Stock 275/40R20 on 20x9.5 Dynamics Package wheels to 315/35R20 on 20x11 MRR M392 Replicas (+24mm offset)...

View attachment 1024992

View attachment 1024993

Before/After (Note the inner and outer sidewall positions relative to the body):

View attachment 1024994

Rear 315 on 11s -vs- Front 275 on 9.5s (Note the sidewall bulge and amount of inner liner visible):
View attachment 1024997

Results, Context, and Important Details:
The 315s are the Ferrari spec Pzero variants with only 160 treadwear. They are very soft and extra wide (sidewall to sidewall) for what the industry calls a "315". Something cheaper like an Atturo are slightly narrower and should fit with no problem. I wager only a Michelin Pilot SuperSport or a real comp tire might be physically wider at the stated size.

My combination just lightly rubs the inner fender liners at the front formed ridges with the car on a lift and the wheels drooping. As you spin the wheels you can hear the design on the sidewall making a zipping noise on the liner. When you lower the car onto the ground the contact moves to the floppy curve in the rear of the liner (Easily trimmed or heated and reformed out of the way). Everything else clears even at skidpad turns and over speedbumps like a Duke boy. With my side mirrors pointed at them I could see the IRS rear just pulling the top of the tread inside the metal fender upon compression. This is obviously dependent on your alignment. I know mine is maxed right around -1.2 degrees camber.

The Effect:
I had the pressures a touch high and they peaked around 40psi when hot but in 87f weather it was able to stick the car on a WOT 1-2 shift with little more than a chirp. The stock tires would blow right off and start hopping in the same conditions. My little skidpad circle rub test was extra fun. For a moment there I couldn't tell if they would break loose or just flip the damn car.

View attachment 1025002

View attachment 1025003

View attachment 1025004

There. I ABSOLUTELY maxed it out without a roller, hammer, spacers, or flares. Now everyone can stop asking... right? 🤪

Now I just need to squeeze some 295s on those 20x9.5s up front to match that beefy sidewall shape.
I have GOT to get the back of my car looking like that for my first mod! REAR TIRES!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, @Opticon first time here, and your post is the most complete write up about maxed out a set of rear wheels and tires on a Chally I ever read! Thank's for that. My question is what would have been the effect or the difference on the fitment in the rear inner fender if you had choose a set of wheels with an +22 offset instead of an +24 offset, of course with the same tires and the same camber. Do you think inner metal fender lip should have been treated or rolled?

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Hi, @Opticon first time here, and your post is the most complete write up about maxed out a set of rear wheels and tires on a Chally I ever read! Thank's for that. My question is what would have been the effect or the difference on the fitment in the rear inner fender if you had choose a set of wheels with an +22 offset instead of an +24 offset, of course with the same tires and the same camber. Do you think inner metal fender lip should have been treated or rolled?
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama! C'mon pics of you're ride. (y)

·
Registered
99 Posts
2015 and up fenders are pre rolled from the factory. The difference in offset would be .078 inches. Not a huge difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all. Ok, first of all, I'm a French speaking Canadian from the province of Quebec, so please be nice with me if I make any clerical or writing errors.
A Redeye was my ride until last week and has been since April 2019. I would have liked to be able to be more respectful of the speed limits here in my small town and around but it was impossible for me. I was at one more ticket to lose my driver's license. Not bad for having had this monster for 3 years. Finally, in the last year, I almost only used it for the drag strip. Really, a Redeye just isn't for city driving; too much power.
On the day of the sale, I ordered a GoMANGo 2021 Challenger R / T 5.7 (hoping the police will forget about me) with all the options except the sunroof and the Harmond Kardon which in my experience is not worth it. I prefer the Alpine that I have in my Durango R / T.
Also I must admit, I also ordered a 2021 Redeye Super Stock but chances are practically zero at the moments to have it, as I ordered, here in Canada and told to my sales rep that I would keep the first car ordered that will give me a VIN. Honestly, I hope it will be R / T 5.7 and I have plans for it : first of all, Bigger rear wheels and tires, loped cam and long tubes headers (just for old school sound not for performance; trying to stay away of my bad habits).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Note that they would be sticking out those 2mm further. My combo is already very alignment sensitive.

The outside sidewalls JUST tuck in and miss the fenders on hard compression.

The good news is these tires are extra wide for 315s. Any other tire choice at the same stated size should fit fine.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
I have been running 315s on my 2015 RT narrow body for a while with 20"x10.5" +22mm offset and did not have to do anything to the wheel wells or add spacers for about +1 year. Other guys have been running the same before me so there was no question if 315s would fit. IMO all narrow bodies should have an option for staggered tires...looks soooo much better. Even my coworker who was following me to a lunch party was like...dang, that looks good from the rear.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts