Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, not normally one to start a thread about something thats been talked about so much but after lots of searching on this forum, I am coming up short in my research. I have a 2013 Gloss Black R/T that I am interested in plasti-dipping the 20inch chrome clad wheels in the Anthracite Grey or do the flat black with the silver metalizer over it. Anyone with pics? I am taking off the silver R/T fender stripes, installing a stock hot rod black hood (basically matte black), tinting the windows, and want to do away with the chrome clads. I know its an older school thing but its too much "bling" for me and I don't have the coin for other wheels. Ultimate goal is to go for a stealthy aggressive look.

Any help on pictures or suggestions? Pictures of the Anthracite plasti-dip on other color challys would even be helpful.

Thanks!
Ben

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dudeeee do the vintage gold! It looks so awesome! Either way im sure itll turn out sick, good luck :thumbsup:

Reactions: 26299

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is mine with the normal flat black plasti dip. I have peeled it off since then but I had it on for over a year. Just decoded to change it up and go with the chromies instead

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback gents. I hope to the look I'm trying to achieve pays off. I'd love to buy a set of gray envy wheels but not spending the money when I have perfectly good tires and the rims aren't bad

·
Registered
876 Posts
The anthracite will look sick! Someone around here did a set of ... Vipers(?) ... in the antique gold dip. Maaaaan, it looked SWEET!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ive kept a pic of his car in my gallery ever since he did it to promote the vintage gold to my buddies with black hot rods :D if i had a black challenger, itd look alot like his

Reactions: 26299

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have my wheels dipped just flat black though not the anthracite. whatever color you choose just make sure to lay it on thin but do a lot of coats it lasts longer and seems to look more smooth. ive had mine on for almost 2 years and only touched up 1 spot that got hit with something and pulled the dip a little. its been through countless pressure washes, car washed, and even a pro detail shops steam pressure washer and never had a problem. also make sure you get an exacto knife to cut down in the lugnut holes because if the lugnuts tighten up on the dip it spins and pulls it away from the wheel.

·
Registered
872 Posts
AKM83 had his the gold
i actually just went back to gold last weekend haha :D

Ive kept a pic of his car in my gallery ever since he did it to promote the vintage gold to my buddies with black hot rods :D if i had a black challenger, itd look alot like his
flattered, thanks Lcpl! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been thinking about spraying the center of my classics with the anthracite and I have a black Challenger too. I think it would look like the boss 338s that are grey.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been thinking about spraying the center of my classics with the anthracite and I have a black Challenger too. I think it would look like the boss 338s that are grey.
If you do, please post some pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts