Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the oldschool stance with the rear higher than the front, so I'm wondering if anyone out there has put the Stage 1 lowering springs on the front and back?
If so:
1-Did it lower the back at all?
2-How does it look/feel?
3-Can it/SHOULD it even be done without adding the rear shocks?
4-Will it void my warranty on my '14?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
If you have the Nivomat self-leveling shocks in the rear then you need to replace the shocks if you install lowering springs, if you don't then the shocks will jack the rear end back up, the rear will be really bouncy and the springs won't have the proper load on them.

If you have STP with Bilsteins in the rear then doing just the springs is fine.

No, your warranty won't be "void" if you do this. They can't void your warranty due to mods, but they can deny warranty repairs if the failure was caused due to lowering it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i needed to know, thanks!

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
I have a 14 stick and it has no nivomats.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1416286277.511224.jpg

2013 R/T Classic on stage ones, rides great and I think it looks great. It's a six speed and did not have to change shocks, the car came with bilstiens

Reactions: sfmadmax

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My shocks match up with the pictures of the novim
If I do the springs
Will it be harder to do the chicks later?

Swapping springs is the difficult part. Swapping conventional shocks in the rear is a piece of cake. After supporting the rear on jackstands, remove the wheel, unbolt the shocks, and pull down on the top portion of the shock to compress it some. That will allow you to get it out.

Now if you gave Nivomats, there's no way to compress the shock by hand, so I'm not sure if you'll have enough room to get the Nivomat out without unbolting the lower control arm, which you'll need to do anyway if changing springs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also, not all 2011 and earlier R/Ts 6 speeds have Nivomats. Mine didn't and it looks great lowered on Eibachs.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I put on KW Adjustable Lowering Springs, here they are set at approximately the half way position.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts