Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hardwire a couple of things in the under hood fuse box, to power up when I'm in accessory mode. All of the fuses seem to be either always on or only on in run mode.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,023 Posts
I’m not aware of one, but that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist. Even still, the rear PDC is a more desirable location for an ACC-on accessory. It has several options for this, plus you don’t have to traverse the firewall with the power wire.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not aware of one, but that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist. Even still, the rear PDC is a more desirable location for an ACC-on accessory. It has several options for this, plus you don’t have to traverse the firewall with the power wire.
I want to hook up Halo lights strips. That I can turn on without having the car running by putting it in acc mode. That would shut off if I shut the car off. Making it impossible to forget and leave them on. They are already forward of the firewall, using the rear fuse box means going through the firewall.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
I want to hook up Halo lights strips. That I can turn on without having the car running by putting it in acc mode. That would shut off if I shut the car off. Making it impossible to forget and leave them on. They are already forward of the firewall, using the rear fuse box means going through the firewall.
Lots of ignition-on powered slots in front PDC, but can’t think of any powered on with ACC only. May have to traverse firewall to get to an ACC powered wire behind the dash.

You could tap the parking lights’ power wire, but that would require manually turning the parking lights on to get power, which doesn’t sound like what you are after.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of ignition-on powered slots in front PDC, but can’t think of any powered on with ACC only. May have to traverse firewall to get to an ACC powered wire behind the dash.

You could tap the parking lights’ power wire, but that would require manually turning the parking lights on to get power, which doesn’t sound like what you are after.
I might have to try to get to the wire that powers the cigarette lighter on the passenger side. I don't want them wired to a on all the time spot. But I don't want to have to turn the car on to have them work.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
So how will the lights be turned on, by a switch you install somewhere inside the cabin?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
What I did my lights run by Bluetooth from my phone , if my car is parked I can turn them on or off
the distance is very good.Bought them from Oracle easy to wire I used the + terminal
the red wire is the Halos , the switch you see are for my engine bay lights
43989DEE-C77B-401C-A8C3-FD3EBBF1B8D8.jpeg
5359F7A1-0F6A-46D7-856C-37553DB43BD7.jpeg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a controller to adjust them and turn them on and off. I didn't want the bluetooth control.
I'm afraid of forgetting to turn the off if I hook it up to always on. But I'd like to be able to put them on using the accessory mode.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
I have a controller to adjust them and turn them on and off. I didn't want the bluetooth control.
I'm afraid of forgetting to turn the off if I hook it up to always on. But I'd like to be able to put them on using the accessory mode.
So the parking/headlight/DRLs status will be independent of these lights’, correct?

Meaning, you don’t want them to come on and go off with the other lights on the front of the car?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the parking/headlight/DRLs status will be independent of these lights’, correct?

Meaning, you don’t want them to come on and go off with the other lights on the front of the car?
Yes I basically want to be able to turn them on without the car running. I have them hooked into a fuse that powers them when to car is in run mode.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
342 Posts
What Year and Trim level do you have? It probably makes a difference. A quick look around Chilton, looks like fuses 7 and 8 might be ACC driven fuses. But I did just grab an random year and model.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What Year and Trim level do you have? It probably makes a difference. A quick look around Chilton, looks like fuses 7 and 8 might be ACC driven fuses. But I did just grab an random year and model.

View attachment 1025080
I have a 2017 STX-Plus

As soon as it stops raining. I'm going to take a look at the fuse box. It looks like you are right thanks.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,527 Posts
When we had Ruby, I had hooked an in-line fuse to a 10 gauge power wire and ran it to an accessory fuse block that I was going to use for just the reasons that you are (low amp led lighting). I thought that it;s easier to "Home Run" everything from one place than it was to have wiring running all over the place.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went out and tried it those fuses are hot all the time.
I guess I'll have to live with it the way it is.
I don't want to hook them up to an always hot lead and use the controller. If I go to a car show I'll just move the lead. And hope I put it back. At 73 I can't remember shit, and don't want a dead battery.
I might see how hard it is to get to the wires for the passenger side cigarette lighter. And bring it through the firewall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts