Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any body have a good experience at any dealer in New Jersey around Bergen County . I can tell you not to deal with Hudson County dodge.I went there for service they left my oil filter lose. The service manager is a ******* he said something bout the CAI the exhaust system real loser. :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Stay away from Warnock Dodge in East Hanover, nothing but problems with the sales department. Service, I don't know anything about them, but after dealing with that bull**** sales department, I will never go there for anything.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
529 Posts
Flemington Dodge.........ask for George the deal maker

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Stay away from Warnock Dodge in East Hanover, nothing but problems with the sales department. Service, I don't know anything about them, but after dealing with that bull**** sales department, I will never go there for anything.

Wow. Surprising since I know Tim the GM is a great customer oriented person. Now Buhler Dodge sales Manager is a joke!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Wow. Surprising since I know Tim the GM is a great customer oriented person. Now Buhler Dodge sales Manager is a joke!
Who's that Tim "never return calls or faxes for over 2 months" Ryan? Great customer oriented person until you leave with the car.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I went to East Hanover because they work on tons of Vipers and thought, hey...they must be good. So I went in for a reflash for backfiring and misfire...they left off my valve cover to air box return hose! Idiots...that is essentially allowing dirty air directly into my intake manifold. Great...thanks guys. OOOOooooooo...Viper techs....idiots.
Anyone who lets these a$$es change your oil, need to really reconsider.

Signed....
" can't wait till my warranty is up!":)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Who's that Tim "never return calls or faxes for over 2 months" Ryan? Great customer oriented person until you leave with the car.
wow

I guess he changed. I bought a 1992 Dodge Dakota from them, had it for two weeks and it had a bad axle that caused issues with rear brakes. They wanted to put a new axle and brakes on it. I did not flip out, just asked to meet with the GM (who was Tim). They said I could choose any other Dakota on their lot or have my money back. They had nothing else on the lot I wanted so they wrote me a check right then and there for my down payment and I worked with the finance guy over the next hour to cancel out my loan.

Mind you, this was when Don Warnock was still alive..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Service dept.

I posted this to try and find a good service dept. Any way i called Bergen county dodge on RT. 4 in Paramus i have a bad vibration in the front of the car starts at 85 and about 120 the car feels like its gonna fall apart. I had all the tires balanced before i even called for the appointment. So i show up on Saturday tell the service manager the problem i believe his name is Steve .He goes on to tell me that they can not test drive the car at that speed do to insurance regulations . So i tell him ill take you for a ride so you can feel how violent the vibration is. He tells me no leave the car they will check it out.They call me back later that afternoon they tell me they cant find anything wrong.So i guess the next step is to find if theirs a rep. from dodge that i can contact. WTF..LOL :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Usually if the balance is good then it is the tire(s) as the cause. I balanced enough tires for NJ State Police in my time to know that. We used a snap on tire balancer that was hand spun.. Worked great and the troopers would drive 110+ all the time. If there was an issue they either threw a weight or the tire was bad(shifted belt)

Take your car to Buhler Jeep Chrysler Dodge in Hazlet NJ. (not Eatontown) or Freehold Dodge (They serviced my SRT10) or take a trip to Fullerton Dodge but that is a ways of a trip for you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
CHERRY HILL DODGE - Rt 70, Cherry Hill...I went there for a test drive and after the test drive and i decided i wasnt going to buy the car, the salesman picked up a major attitude on me. Enough of one to guarantee that i'll never shop for a car there again. They've been in business a long time but that doesnt entitle them to treat customers that way.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have given up on the crazy notion there is a quality Dodge dealer in NJ. For as many as I have been too with this Challenger, they just don't give a sheet and nothing will change their attitude because Dodge allows it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
CHERRY HILL DODGE - Rt 70, Cherry Hill...I went there for a test drive and after the test drive and i decided i wasnt going to buy the car, the salesman picked up a major attitude on me. Enough of one to guarantee that i'll never shop for a car there again. They've been in business a long time but that doesnt entitle them to treat customers that way.
I'm throwing in my vote to stay away from at least the sales department for Cherry Hill Dodge as well. I had the exact same experience there. Right off the bat I told him I only wanted to test drive and get some numbers and I wasn't buying. He kept telling me the cars they had were Classics, but I had to tell him they were base R/T's with the MOPAR appearance package. After the drive and sitting down with him he got an attitude. He asked my why I bothered writing down any of what he was telling me since it would be no good tomorrow. Then he had my car appraised, and he offered me a price WELL BELOW wholesale.

At one point he just got up and left, next thing I know the manager "Craig" came over to me and sat down and asked if there was anything he could do. I had to re explain that I didn't ask for him, and I wasn't buying today. I sat there thinking, where the hell are my car keys I jut want to leave now. So when I got up to leave I had to go to the front counter and have someone find my keys. I said out loud, "Did I piss that guy off or something? He took off and never came back and took my keys. Seems like a really rude move to a potential buyer no?"

I also know a girl that worked there and she said that management really gives salesmen there a lot of **** for every customer that walks out without buying a car. Sounds like a miserable place. Sorry to vent but I hope maybe this helps someone in the future reading this thread.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
So I think we should stay on track here...the OP is looking for good service...as we all are. Telling us about the experiences in the sales departments really has nothing to do with the ability to please the customers at Service. They have nothing to do with each other. Nor do they care about one another, it's like HR giving a crap about Research and development-each believe they're in charge, LOL. Unfortunately, here in Jersey anyway, it's going to be difficult finding a great Service experience at any dealership. I know they're great techs out there, but you have to be lucky to get "that" guy or girl on the day you're there. You have to be lucky to get the guy or girl who isn't going to get your interior crudy or drive into something. The person working next to him can't scratch your paint with the muffler for that rusted out Caliber he's got over his shoulder while walking past your car as he breaks up with his girlfriend on his cell phone. There are a hundred things that can go wrong every time you bring your car to these places, I've seen it over and over again. No one cares but you, period. Do your own oil changes for god's sake, avoid them at all cost. Pray for your warranty to end quickly with the fewest amount of trips to them possible. Good luck fellow Challenger buffs, "God bless and goodnight":guiness:.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't end up buying my R/T from them, and I kind of regret not going through them in hindsight, but Johnson Dodge in Butler NJ was pretty nice to me when I was first looking at Challengers.
Do you mean "John Johnson Dodge" in Boonton or "Johnson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram" in Budd Lake? They are both owned by the Johnson family.

I've bought vehicles from both and had service at "John Johnson".
It's a very small dealership but service was good. The last time I was there (for an oil change on another car - not the Challenger) everyone at the serviice desk was new, so I don't know what happened or how the service will be going forward.

FWIW, the buying experience was very good - low pressure, very good prices. Also since they are small it is easy to talk to the owner. I've spoken to John Johnson and he is a very reasonable guy.

Also, they always have some interesting vehicles on site - they are a Saleen Challenger dealer and also carry limited editions like the Viper ACR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought my 2012 Challenger R/T from Freehold Dodge and they were great! I hope their service department is good too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.