Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any bone stock from the factory R/T's in the 12's. It can be an auto or 6 speed. Im talking with absolutely no mods at all and no weight reduction.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Assuming you mean oem street tires at well? Not that I am aware of, we went 12's back in 08 in our 5.7 on oem tires but that was with a cai and cat back as well

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna try to get a 12.9 with my Mopar 10 but I think the good DA days this year are gone here in Fl. I pulled a 13.20 @ 105 on a 1.95 60ft with a DA of +300 and I think I can get a bit better on a good -DA day. I believe I can squeeze out a 1.8x 60ft with the F1's so all I need is another 10th or so to get in the 12's. I dont think it will happen this year though. Its near 80 freakin degrees today and the next T&T is March 30th after Gatornationals. Im taking the R/T Classic that day.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I was able to squeeze a 1.97 outta my f1s (SRT). 1.8s maybe possible. Most guys here flirting with 12s are programming.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
1.8,s are definitely do-able especially with the F1's, we saw 1.8's with the 235 all season oem 18" tires on the r/t

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i could be wrong, but didnt chris1992 get into the 12s with just DR's? now i know you specified stock rubber too, but the RSAs are just absolute junk when it comes to acceleration out of the hole. slap a pair of good summer tires on there like, P-Zeros which come on the camaro and mustang and i think an auto R/T could see 12.9.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Theoretically it should be possible. Seems like for a true bone stock R/T you'd need to have the F1s for a better 60', then, as little factory weight as possible so no sunroof, no spare tire, no subwoofer, etc. Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken you can only get the F1s on the heavy factory 20" rims and not the lighter 18s.

I'm looking forward to giving it a shot here soon. I've got a '10 R/T Classic auto with the super track pack, which includes the F1s but other weight adders (bigger brakes and HD suspension components). However, I don't have the sunroof and I'll remove the spare. EVIC told me I ran a 4.89 0-60 a while back and it wasn't the absolute conditions possible, and traction certainly wasn't as good as the track would be. I think with better conditions it could run a 4.7x 0-60, which would translate into very close to a 12.9 in the quarter.

I race at San Antonio Raceway. Now that the car should be close to broken in (~5,500 miles), I'll be down there when there is a very low DA Friday night and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm right behind you off the line with Eagle RS-A 20's.. 1.956 60' and a 1/8 trap at 8.56 @ 81.54 MPH, w/those F1's you should be able to get 1.8XX out of them. Hitting 12.99 is gonna be the biggest challenge out of a bone stock R/T I'd be a 13.3 1/4 so for me 13.2 would quite possibly be the fastest run I can pull with my tires, I'm hoping your Mopar 10 can do it with the F1's :thumbsup: Change your oil and get royal purple or another full synthetic brand maybe that can aid in a bone stock 12.99

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
With the right track prep you can get into the 1.8's on just about any tire..I never thought it was possible til Lisa did it consistently on the All Season OEM's on the R/T,
RSA's and F1's should be easier as they are much much sticker than those.

5,134 Posts
My brother in law did 12.96 with my father in law's R/T auto. Stock everything except flowmaster catback. Stock weight, 235/18 michelins, good canadian gas.

He's car 994, I'm 182

·
Registered
53 Posts
Napierville is my hometrack ! not always well prep but only 15 minutes from home...that's where i race the Bullitt !

Can't wait to try the R/T....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i would have been there with a good da.
i ran 13.5 and it was 100 degrees outside, d/a was close to 2k.. just drop the psi on the factory tires in the 25 26 range, turn the tires over a little (no pro street im cool burnout) run 93 octane fuel 1/4 tank of it.. no less, maybe a little more.If the calculator is right you can run a 12.79 .. I think its unlikely it will be that fast but then again im a six speed guy.. I have no doubt on DR's it can be done..
I have cut 1.8 on rsa's.. I do have 392 gears though

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Just wondering if there are any bone stock from the factory R/T's in the 12's. It can be an auto or 6 speed. Im talking with absolutely no mods at all and no weight reduction.
How many miles do you have on the Mopar 10? Are you planning to change the oil to full synthetic?

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Just a little over 1000 miles at the moment. Nope, Im just gonna use regular oil and change every 3000 miles. I got sick of using synthetic oil in the SRT8. :)
I was under the impression that the synthetic oil really slicked things up for smoother rpms. Of course that's what they say on TV.
Unless they are running a special, and oil,filter, rotate tires is about $25. If you want synthetic its about $60.
Also, some on the forum have suggested the Amsol (sp?) oil filter. Any advantage to that?
I know you are looking for tenths or hundredths of a second so I thought I'd bring this up.
I would appreciate opinions as mine has 1600 on it and 'back in the day', we used to change the factory oil sooner because it collected micro fragments of metal as the engine wore in. I don't know if that's true today or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im gonna change mine a 2000 miles to get the "break in" oil out. I think there might be some truth to the metal in the oil during break in. There is an oil filter to filter it but I still want new oil in it after 2000 miles. I dont want to change it too soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts