Any of the options for the 09-10 will also work on the 11 5.7

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
nothing that should inpact the CAI

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I am wondering if these guys are talking about the SRT/392...existing intakes will not work on the new 392 as the intake design is completely different. The 5.7 intake has not changed nor has the sheet metal so I don;t see where an issue would be.

If we had a local 5.7 Chally here in S Fla that would like to stop by the shop we could verify fitment of a bunch of intakes we have in stock...JLT, C&L, Mopar, K&N etc etc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am wondering if these guys are talking about the SRT/392...existing intakes will not work on the new 392 as the intake design is completely different. The 5.7 intake has not changed nor has the sheet metal so I don;t see where an issue would be.

If we had a local 5.7 Chally here in S Fla that would like to stop by the shop we could verify fitment of a bunch of intakes we have in stock...JLT, C&L, Mopar, K&N etc etc
Sorry... Up in VA... But would really like a definite answer

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I hear ya...99.99% sure here, the .01 would be actually fitting each....but since the engine is EXACTLY the same as the 09-10...the SRT and V6 have changes that would cause issues, RT has not had those changes in 2011.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya...99.99% sure here, the .01 would be actually fitting each....but since the engine is EXACTLY the same as the 09-10...the SRT and V6 have changes that would cause issues, RT has not had those changes in 2011.
Sounds good.. Do you have any suggestions... Which ones you prefer?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
For 2011 Chrysler said they had changed and improved the R/T intake. I've posted the links to the announcement elsewhere. Did this not actually happen?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
That's what I saw too and the adds they were showing said the RT had a CAI from the factory in 11. That's why I ask that in an earlier post but no one has explained it yet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I currently have this installed on my 2011. It went on exactly as the instructions sugested and hasn't given me any problems. P/N 63-1114

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
For 2011 Chrysler said they had changed and improved the R/T intake. I've posted the links to the announcement elsewhere. Did this not actually happen?
That's what I saw too and the adds they were showing said the RT had a CAI from the factory in 11. That's why I ask that in an earlier post but no one has explained it yet.
It is possible they changed the design of the stock CAI (Removed the Silencer or Changed the Tube etc). But the motor itself did not change so any aftermarket CAI will work.

I also spoke with my Mopar dealer this morning, the Mopar CAI - Mopar Cold Air Intake 05-10 300, Charger, Challenger, Magnum 5.7L @ Speedlogix - fits the 2011 R/T. So with that information we can say that any other brand CAI that fit the 09-10 R/Ts will fit the 11 R/T. The only engine changes that require a different style CAI are in the V6s and the 392s.

By saying that, our top three selling CAIs are:

1. JLT Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake 05-10 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 5.7L, 6.1L @ Speedlogix
2. C&L Performance Cold Air Intake 05-10 300, Charger, Challenger, Magnum 5.7L @ Speedlogix
3. BBK Cold Air Intake System 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7, 6.1L @ Speedlogix

Thanks
Mikey

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd have to say Negatron on the C&L fitting correctly.
The fender hole on the 11 R/T is triangular with a RAISED lip and made my Roto-fab sat about 3/4 of an inch too high to properly mount to the front tab and hit the hood when I closed it.
I'm guessing the C&L would have the same problem.

You could shave off a little from the bottom but it would never "seal" to the bottom fender hole like it was designed to do since its round not triangular

1 - 20 of 28 Posts