Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a '13 challenger R/T w/ a magnuson 2300(8lbs),CAI, and resonator delete. I want to know if I have a chance of beating my buddies high 11 vette?. With a good '60 and good weather here in houston.....do I have any chance?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Definitely. You should trap anywhere from 116-119, which with a decent 60' is easy 11s. My bolt on R/T runs [email protected], so with a blower you should have no problem.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
i've got a '13 challenger R/T w/ a magnuson 2300(8lbs),CAI, and resonator delete. I want to know if I have a chance of beating my buddies high 11 vette?. With a good '60 and good weather here in houston.....do I have any chance?
Manual or Auto? Most manual SC'd R/Ts (two) I've seen run low 12s with a good driver. Never seen a SC'd R/T A5.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
You've got to understand that a very big part of your 1/4 mile e.t. is your short time, if you don't get a good 60 foot it is very hard to make it up at the top end of the track, even if your car makes a lot of power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a M6 and I just ordered some nitto 555r's. I had been to the track with my previous 2 F-body M6's, so I have some experience launching a manual but never with this much power.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
going to be hard with Nitto's and power. not much of a chance. when you find they don't work, get slicks.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I agree with Dadstoy. Its hard to make it down the track on the 555r s
Been through 3 sets on 4th set now, and burnt up one set of the NT05r also. From the street to the track iv burnt up a few. 555r not bad in the rain. Suprised me.
With the power level your at the nittos wont workk.

To me there just a good street tire and we need something to roll on as good as it can be is all.
Hoosier 28x10 and what you need if you really want to hook up. Or any brand slick thats 10in wide.
Once through the water,,, they wont spin. At All.., 16psi
Good luck
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
If your making good steam. It will break. Not making steam you make it to the finish line not broke.
Back to the case if your makeing some HP.
You may twist your DS in half. I did twice. Then a Carbon Fiber, once.
Now with a Alum DS from DSS is holding together.
Axels will break in half, many have done so with HP and slicks. You need DSS axels.
You should be good then. Your only about $3,500.00 away.
FlatTop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts