Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
All dealers have an end of month sale, just contact the one that has the car you're looking for, and ask for them to price out the best deal they can make for the 29th or 30th, and if its right you'll come in and sign paperwork and drive it away that day. I did this and got a very good price where they waived all the holdback and gave me all the incentives at the time, then they gave me the same offer a couple weeks later after i'd sold my trade in car and was ready to buy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't understand, you bought it at the end of the month, but didn't pick it up till you had sold your other car? If so, you paid for it weeks later but the paperwork was 'in' by the end of the previous month?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Automobile "Sales" is an oxymoron. Think about it. What happens after the "sale"? Are the cars left on the lot suddenly worth more? I don't think so.

The only thing that can reduce the price further is whatever the manufacturer is granting in rebates to you or incentives to the dealership. Go to Edmunds and get that information, then get the invoice price minus that amount, and go from there.

Never negotiate from MSRP. Never tell them you have a trade until you get your best price. They are motivated at end of month to either pad or make their numbers.

Always be prepared to walk away. Do not let them take control of things. Leave your phone number and ask them to call you if anything changes. If you call them back, they think they've got you.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
No, i negotiated a cash price at the end of the month, but did not commit. Two weeks later, when i had a buyer for my existing car, i called to confirm whether he'd sell it for the same price he quoted previously, and he said he would. So i got a 39755 stickered car for 35200, well before anyone was "discounting" new cars. I was buying at one of their busiest seasons...just after tax time.

He knew that i had my own financing arranged, he knew i was selling my own car for a profit and had a healthy down payment (over 10k available) All he had to do was come up with a price that would lure me away from a local dealer and buy from his dealership 400 miles away. I also negotiated a discounted shipping cost, i paid 400 bucks to have it shipped to my door. It took about 2.5 weeks to arrive, i could have flown up and picked up at any time after i paid for it. I elected to wait for it to arrive instead, i still had my old car until a few days before the new one arrived. Everything worked out like clockwork.

Once the price is determined, then you can decide whether to finance it at their dealership at a better rate than your own bank will give you, or just use the loan you've already arranged.

Oh, i wasn't dealing with a salesman, i was dealing with the sales manager/internet sales manager. He assigned a salesman to handle the details after the negotiations were done, mainly to handle the extras like the mopar bucks items, and prep stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Contact BPAG here on the forum, he is from Baxter Dodge, they have access to alot of inventory and are great to deal with!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts