Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
Nope, no codes thrown. as stated you will get drone, but it will only be at a certain narrow RPM range. It does bother some people, others not at all. Reso deletes does give a nice bark at WOT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is a slp loud mouth 1 louder than stick with no resonators? How good is the stock exhaust performance wise when compared to aftermarket?

·
Registered
2010 Torred Challerger SRT8
32 Posts
Cut mine off my 2010 SRT8. Sounded great. Didn’t notice the drone.
Me too with same car. Great sound and no bad drone at any speed. Still easy to talk over exhaust, which is a little louder without paying $2000.

Reactions: SRT8 Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I bought my 2012 R/T one year ago it had been de-resonatored by a previous owner. Otherwise, the exhaust is stock. I like the sound and burble when shifting.

But... When it's not at operating temperature it drones really loud at 2000 RPM. Once warmed up it no longer is a bother.

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Torred Challerger SRT8
32 Posts
When I bought my 2012 R/T one year ago it had been de-resonatored by a previous owner. Otherwise, the exhaust is stock. I like the sound and burble when shifting.

But... When it's not at operating temperature it drones really loud at 2000 RPM. Once warmed up it no longer is a bother.

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk
Mine has a startup rumble. I enjoy it and almost wished it rumbled all the time. However, after 20-30 seconds, it calms down. I seem to miss it. I hope you can just enjoy that part while waiting for the "normal" sound.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No CEL, but many members experience unwanted drone in the cabin. It's almost universally accepted that removing the mid mufflers is the way to go if you just need to remove something.
This is correct ^^^^^^^^^^^

I took the resonators off my 09 SRT, was loud, but it was an awful sound. If you like that sound, I can't help you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
and by reso (ie resonators) we are talking about the mid muffler resonators right? or the axel back resonators?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Will it turn on a check engine light?
After hearing the drone horror stories (seems to be very subjective) I decided to go with the mid muffler delete and replace with Dynamax Mini Race Bullets. Haven't put them on yet as I am still waiting on my new Scat but there are some great you tube videos online. I love the way they sound and I am sure they are better in person. I have not seen anybody that took this route and wasn't happy with it. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
and by reso (ie resonators) we are talking about the mid muffler resonators right? or the axel back resonators?
Mids are mufflers, at the rear by exhaust tips are resonators

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts