Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street legal drags are this sat feb 5 at AAA speedway in Fontana. Out of the 4 times I've been there since I bought my car I've only seen 2 other challengers. We need to get some more out there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow 27 views and not a single response. I guess that answers my question.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just posted something similar to this a few days ago and no response, I go to irwindale once every 2 weeks and have yet to see other Challenger's. I will go to Fontana after I get a 8.6 pass or a 1.95-2.03 60' All stock R/T

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'll be going to both as soon as I get my car and I get about 1,000 miles on it. I'll see you at the track.:browsmiley::)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next track day after this Saturday is may 7 at Fontana.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So Cal Rt I am in the La Jolla area and run 1/8 mile mostly. I just had my car in the body shop due to some damage from the mudslides. I am transferring to the Houston are in the Woodlands in 2 weeks. I just set the car up to run 1/4 mile going to run it Wednesday nite. Come on out if you can.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Next track day after this Saturday is may 7 at Fontana.
Looks like I'll be headed to Irwindale until May. Wonder why no street legal racing for all those months.:icon_evil:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I might head out to Fontana this week for the 1/4. The 1/8 mile stuff doesn't interest me so much but it seems very popular now. I haven't done any track stuff since I was 18, would like to do a few soft runs and get the feel of it again. I have a more aggressive tune that I haven't tried yet either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Cal Rt I am in the La Jolla area and run 1/8 mile mostly. I just had my car in the body shop due to some damage from the mudslides. I am transferring to the Houston are in the Woodlands in 2 weeks. I just set the car up to run 1/4 mile going to run it Wednesday nite. Come on out if you can.
I work during the week so I wouldn't be able to make it Wednesday. Come to fontana on Saturday it's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might head out to Fontana this week for the 1/4. The 1/8 mile stuff doesn't interest me so much but it seems very popular now. I haven't done any track stuff since I was 18, would like to do a few soft runs and get the feel of it again. I have a more aggressive tune that I haven't tried yet either.
Come out! I'd like to see what your car can do. I'll be using drag radials for the 1st time so it should be a good day unless I break something.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How many runs would I get at Fontana whats the cost?
It really depends. Last time 2 cars broke and blew oil the whole 1/4 mile. Took an hour each time to clean. It's $20 to race. When I go I ask for an extra ticket for an extra $20. That way I can be in 2 different groups and race twice as many times.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just posted something similar to this a few days ago and no response, I go to irwindale once every 2 weeks and have yet to see other Challenger's. I will go to Fontana after I get a 8.6 pass or a 1.95-2.03 60' All stock R/T
no response? I said I'd be out at Irwindale on 2/10, remember?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I know MOPARBD and lowlife have done some drag racing locally maybe they can chime in. I'd be up for going if the timing is right. Sure am looking forward to Spring and Summer! :burnout:

Better the strip than the street! :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts