Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was looking around and found this and thinking about using it on his car.

To me it seems like "snake oil" to good to be true.

I telling him to just get it ceramic coated by a professional.

What's your guys/gals thoughts, opinions, experiences with this stuff?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Here's what I can say, having never used it, and I assume never will with so many known choices. This is an expensive product. It's not a ceramic coating

(From their FAQ: How do I remove TopCoat® F11® for painting, decal, etc. purposes?To remove TopCoat® F11®, you can use aliphatic or aromatic solvents (i.e., glycol ethers, benzene, toluene, hexane) or even a high concentrate Isopropyl Alcohol will break it down based on how much TopCoat® has been applied. )

A real ceramic coating would have to be polished off. It's never mentioned on the most active detailing forums. Based on their page, it may be more pointed towards bikes?

There are a great many ceramic coating products that can be applied by an individual. Assuming the same level of paint prep (or none at all), these self applied coatings will give you excellent results, and last up to 6 months. I can attest to the ease of application for Gyeon Cancoat for instance, a true ceramic/SiO₂ based coating

If you want a topper rather than a coating, look at P&S Bead Maker

Look at the cost compared to F11. This is a Polymer sealant, not a ceramic coating, but at the cost, ease of application, it will leave a very slick surface, and bead water like crazy.

If your friend wants a true, long lived ceramic coating, there are far better choices in my view. Do a google for Topcoat F11 reviews...the results are not glowing

A Guy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here's what I can say, having never used it, and I assume never will with so many known choices. This is an expensive product. It's not a ceramic coating

(From their FAQ: How do I remove TopCoat® F11® for painting, decal, etc. purposes?To remove TopCoat® F11®, you can use aliphatic or aromatic solvents (i.e., glycol ethers, benzene, toluene, hexane) or even a high concentrate Isopropyl Alcohol will break it down based on how much TopCoat® has been applied. )

A real ceramic coating would have to be polished off. It's never mentioned on the most active detailing forums. Based on their page, it may be more pointed towards bikes?

There are a great many ceramic coating products that can be applied by an individual. Assuming the same level of paint prep (or none at all), these self applied coatings will give you excellent results, and last up to 6 months. I can attest to the ease of application for Gyeon Cancoat for instance, a true ceramic/SiO₂ based coating

If you want a topper rather than a coating, look at P&S Bead Maker

Look at the cost compared to F11. This is a Polymer sealant, not a ceramic coating, but at the cost, ease of application, it will leave a very slick surface, and bead water like crazy.

If your friend wants a true, long lived ceramic coating, there are far better choices in my view. Do a google for Topcoat F11 reviews...the results are not glowing

A Guy
Very well stated! I looked at many of the F11 Topcoat reviews as well and they are not the greatest for sure! For my daily driver I use the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. For the money and with very little labor, it works very good.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, no i totally understand this F11 product isnt a ceramic coating.

I looked for shops around my area that can do the high end CarPro products but everything is more then 100 miles away.

What kind of questions can pr should I ask a shop to validate if they are great at their jobs?

I was thinking about taking mine to this shop: https://www.pristineindy.com/ Was thinking about getting the silver package.

Would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I would do it yourself gyeon works well and user friendly

Save the money. Just put in the labor. That's my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts