Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been all over the net, and found alot of feed back about other cars.
Not much on Challenger SRT 8's specificaly.
Was looking at the magnaflow competetion set-up vs flowmasters american thunder.

Of course I want the HEMI to breath better (in & out), eliminate as much back pressure as possible, but I guess my 2nd biggest goal is to stop the remarks of, "that doesn't sound like a 6.1 L HEMI..." that I get when hanging around friends and family (dang mustang 5.0 owners)! :fight:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dito here

Looking for the same info as well, I have the 392 and it sounds like any other
daily driver until you open it up. I want to hear and feel my Hemi...

Thanks Al

I have been all over the net, and found alot of feed back about other cars.
Not much on Challenger SRT 8's specificaly.
Was looking at the magnaflow competetion set-up vs flowmasters american thunder.

Of course I want the HEMI to breath better (in & out), eliminate as much back pressure as possible, but I guess my 2nd biggest goal is to stop the remarks of, "that doesn't sound like a 6.1 L HEMI..." that I get when hanging around friends and family (dang mustang 5.0 owners)! :fight:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Look at Solo as well.
Lots to choose from. There's probably 100 threads on exhausts here with clips.

Mufflers will give you noise, Catbacks will give you a little more Hp and Tq. Different cats, along with a Good catback system will give you better flow.

Use the search function. Lots of clips here are not on Youtube.

Good Luck. Hope you find the one you'll like. They're all here.

·
Registered
461 Posts
For tone differences try hearing them in person.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Personally I think Flowmasters sound wayyyy better than Magnaflow. Flowmaster is a chambered muffler so it will sound different as compared to the straight through design mufflers that Magnaflow uses. However, the quality of Magnaflow blows away Flowmaster. You can't get Flowmaster in T304.

As others have said, listen to some clips, or better yet, some people in your area.

Lastly, find out what the good deals are. I wasn't planning on going with Borla because of the price, but I found a local user selling his car and I got it for a steal! :thumbsup::pimp: Very happy with the exhaust overall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts