Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a a/c compressor and condenser for a 2016 Scatpack. Only2600 miles but out of warranty. Not sure I want to put OEM back on since this thing had a failure with so little miles.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,684 Posts
I've been happy with the couple items I've bought from there.

Reactions: hager137

·
Registered
106 Posts
The worst customer service I have ever experienced. Website also has wrong parts listed for car. I would never buy from them unless 100% positive the part fits by confirming using another website. Used them for my Civic EX and the parts were for a LX which had a different motor even though their website says otherwise. Second order they sent to the wrong address and said it was my fault. After those two separate experiences I would not recommend. Had to get my credit card company involved both times.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger R/T
46 Posts
I've used them for years. Even with shipping to Canada, they absolutely murder local suppliers for both price and inventory. They have stuff places like NAPA or Fishers and all those little Canadian suppliers can't get.

I've even done core returns and warranty parts through them, never had an issue, and I've been ordering from them since about 2010 or so, maybe even earlier. Old cars, new cars, all of it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,973 Posts
I've bought oil filters from them, no issue...but I did know what part number I wanted in advance. Ordered from them because they had the best price

A Guy

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
I’ve bought many things from them for multiple vehicles and never any problems. All the orders came in less than one week. Brakes, shocks, air filters, cabin filters, a/c parts, wheel bearings, speed sensors etc.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic M6
593 Posts
I've used them for years on multiple vehicles with no issues. Pays to do your research ahead of time and know what brand of part you want. You can also usually find a 5-10% discount code on the internet as well.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
402 Posts
67 orders since 2009 w/no issues. You gotta know what you are ordering. They sell Engine Tech lifters, total junk, but I know better then to order.

I always compare against local of the same products total out the door or shipped and choose.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
1,055 Posts
I got my calipers and pads for my Challenger from Rock Auto when I did the BR9 brake conversion. The service was very good, and I had no problem with the core returns for the calipers. I used Rock Auto because of the prices that were lower than other places. I knew that I would have to order the calipers where ever I chose to buy them from since police brakes are not a commonly stocked part in most parts stores, but they had them in stock. Just my experience.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've bought lots of stuff from them. I've even had to return some parts that were listed wrong--they paid the return shipping, was no hassle at all.

While not everything is listed correctly, between them, carid, and any mopar dealer (I usually use steve white's site) to look up part numbers and do cross reference checks, in most cases it's usually pretty easy to make sure you've got the right part number and comparison shop. I also always check amazon--with free prime shipping often times they have the parts cheaper--I just search "mopar <part no>" and sometimes it comes right up. Or even just do a google shopping search on the part, sometimes you'll find a really good deal somewhere you never heard of or didn't expect (eg summit or jegs).

I just replaced the ac compressor on my Dodge SUV with a new Mando from rockauto. No issues--much less expensive than an OEM unit, works great so far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have ordered OEM parts from them several times. I have found them to be accurate with orders and inventory. I like how, on many parts, they offer OEM and non-OEM selections.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used them for ordering complete brake parts for my 67 Camaro. They had all the drum brake parts (including the drum springs and fasteners), and like OEM or better quality. Price beat out what I could get at a couple local parts stores.

I'd use them again.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Not sure I want to put OEM back on since this thing had a failure with so little miles.
I don't think your failure has anything to do with OEM or not and more to do with little use over 6 years. The worst thing for anything mechanical like that is sitting idle... seals dry out, hoses dry out, and mechanical parts can seize up. I wouldn't hesitate to put an OEM one on.

Reactions: Charles 236
1 - 20 of 27 Posts