Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have one of the vintage 2009 Challengers. It seems this is a common issue with the older models, but mine is looking worse every day and I was hoping someone some ideas for me. It seems the 2 clips in the middle are broken on the sides so they wont clip back in. Not only does it create a gap but more offensively, it creates waves in the bumper. I know the answer is to just get a new fascia, but I'm trying not to do that just because of two busted clips. Not to mention it will probably happen again to any replacement piece. Does anyone have any hillbilly ideas to get these pieces hooked back in? The only thing I could think of would be to try to recreate the shape of the clips with maybe some epoxy, but I doubt I could get it the exact size it needed to be. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_20191001_184010.jpg IMG_20191001_184030.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,312 Posts
Im not familiar with the under pinnings of that yr range facia, but if it has anything to attatch to (like a lip edge or shelf), might want to consider some automotive grade double sided adhesive tape or similar. Many, many new cars are full of bonding agents, glues & tapes and do just fine, in fact if you have a oem rear spoiler, its held on by tape, pins & just two small corner bolts...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
So is this only an issue if you actually bump into something with your bumper? Or is this happening on it's own over time (I hope not!)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts