Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any group meeting occasionally in the MD side DC suburbs? Also, anybody ever organize a road rally for rural time and navigation trials? Just remembered a friend's late model Porsche club had rallies.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Check with MarylandSRT8. He has a club in Southern Maryland.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not aware of anything Challenger specific but am definitely interested.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony, I will keep you in mind if I hear of anything. I am in the Silver Spring / Colesville area, 2010 R/T in Deepwater Blue and a 6 speed, with R/T fender stripes. Have had the car 2 weeks, and drive it only for pleasure, on nice days. Originally preferred the Classic with black stripe, but had to shop prices at end of model year, and happy to get a DWB with lots of options. What do I look for to see you on the road (US 29?, Randolph Road?).

I shopped Darcars Silver Spring for a year, but finally bought in Rockville because of their big discount. I watched and studied Silver Spring's cars for a year, so I saw most or all of them.

I have had 60s cars for years, and always went to the Buick and GM summer show at Montgomery College Rockville, and sometimes went to the Rockville October antique and classic show. I have to look into the local Mopar club again, but not sure if they are antique and classic only. Now that I have the modern classic, I need to re-consider where to get together with other cars - maybe a drive-in cruise or similar.

Since you are in Silver Spring, you understand the paranoia about parking anywhere around here. We are in the center of the door ding and fender dent universe here in Silver Spring.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tony, I will keep you in mind if I hear of anything. I am in the Silver Spring / Colesville area, 2010 R/T in Deepwater Blue and a 6 speed, with R/T fender stripes. Have had the car 2 weeks, and drive it only for pleasure, on nice days. Originally preferred the Classic with black stripe, but had to shop prices at end of model year, and happy to get a DWB with lots of options. What do I look for to see you on the road (US 29?, Randolph Road?).

I shopped Darcars Silver Spring for a year, but finally bought in Rockville because of their big discount. I watched and studied Silver Spring's cars for a year, so I saw most or all of them.

I have had 60s cars for years, and always went to the Buick and GM summer show at Montgomery College Rockville, and sometimes went to the Rockville October antique and classic show. I have to look into the local Mopar club again, but not sure if they are antique and classic only. Now that I have the modern classic, I need to re-consider where to get together with other cars - maybe a drive-in cruise or similar.

Since you are in Silver Spring, you understand the paranoia about parking anywhere around here. We are in the center of the door ding and fender dent universe here in Silver Spring.
Congrats on the new wheels. I started out driving on bluebird days too but the car is just too much fun so I drive it whenever I can. You see my car, you'll think it's yours - 09 R/T Deep Water Blue Pearl, 6-speed. Be like looking in a mirror!

My office used to be on Prosperity Drive but now I live near Mrs. Kay's and work in downtown SS. Fortunately, my office building has underground parking with plenty of room. Wouldn't think of parking at Whole Foods lot or anywhere else.

Rarely, if ever, see other Challengers in the area but I'm game for cruise/meet. This is my first performance car so I'm like a kid with a new toy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i was at my parents house yesterday with my FF R/T Classic. they are near fenton and bonifant. i grew up there. been gone since 84 though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
World's getting smaller. At leas three of us in the 'hood.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Grew up in Twinbrook, now up in Gods country, Damascus. Every first and third Saturday their is a cruz at the Jimmie Cone in Mt. Airy. Lots of parking with a variety of cars. I still have my 65 valiant "drag car". I live close to 75/80.
Great American, I always check in with what you post, Stafford is a fat hour from me for the shows you post. I will make the drive this summer. I love your wheels but spending money on other mods. See everyone around.
2010 Chally SRT All Black Stripe Delete

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know Jimmie Cone, maybe I can make it some time. Tony, any chance I saw you just yesterday, I was in a different car, but saw a DWB just west of 4 corners, crossing University to head east in traffic, just before 6 pm. No stripes, with chrome wheels (I have the fender stripes, and the chrome wheels). Of the few I see on the road, strange to see the nearly identical DWB.
Have yet to see a FF anywhere on the road, but looked at a few a number of times on the dealer lot.

see everybody on the road in the future!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Grew up in Twinbrook, now up in Gods country, Damascus. Every first and third Saturday their is a cruz at the Jimmie Cone in Mt. Airy. Lots of parking with a variety of cars. I still have my 65 valiant "drag car". I live close to 75/80.
Great American, I always check in with what you post, Stafford is a fat hour from me for the shows you post. I will make the drive this summer. I love your wheels but spending money on other mods. See everyone around.
2010 Chally SRT All Black Stripe Delete
i race 75-80 every friday night in the NIN (9 inch nitemares) class.
stop in sometime, I drive the "Loving Chevrolet" 63 Impala Nostalgia Super / Stocker.
it runs 6.50 index in the 1/8th or 9.80s @ 136 other nights, i have my FF Challenger there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any group meeting occasionally in the MD side DC suburbs? Also, anybody ever organize a road rally for rural time and navigation trials? Just remembered a friend's late model Porsche club had rallies.
Check out www.mad-crew-forum.com (Mid-Atlantic Domestics) we are a local Domestic Car club. We have Chargers, Challengers, 300 C SRT8, Chevy's and Fords.

We have a weekly meet on Saturdays (except 4/16/11 supposed to rain) in Laurel Md, but its moved to Sunday.

Check us out!

James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts