Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of performance parts and upgrades would come out from MOPAR?

Like I the title says: guess or real info

Its not even near to being here and I can already smell the factory warranties being voided

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hopefully a selection of programmers, headers, cams, etc. that have been field tested. If they use the 6.1L then these parts will already be out...I would hope since they are working on them now for existing models. Don't really think anything if it comes out early and offers the 6.4L. Might be another couple of years of talking on these forums about 'wish they would hurry the heck up'.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ekool said:
Stage upgrades would be nice, ala the SRT-4 -- but, I wouldnt count on it. I would definetly count on the standard Mopar upgrades like they release for all cars tho.
ditto.

Here's a pretty sweet thought. If I remember correctly wasn't the 70 Challenger essentially a dodge badged 'cuda and vise versa. Well wouldn't it be sweet if a package was offered to make the Challenger look like a 'cuda. Maybe a Plymouth Cuda bodykit by mopar? :D

hehehe oh well we know that won't happen but still :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
blackarmy said:
ditto.

Here's a pretty sweet thought. If I remember correctly wasn't the 70 Challenger essentially a dodge badged 'cuda and vise versa. Well wouldn't it be sweet if a package was offered to make the Challenger look like a 'cuda. Maybe a Plymouth Cuda bodykit by mopar? :D

hehehe oh well we know that won't happen but still :D
I would dig some side Hemi stickers ala 'Cudas.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm sure Chrysler won't do that. Sounds like a plan for an aftermarket company like those in south Florida and Cali that do ground-up '34 Ford Coupes, etc., old Gazelles, etc. Cuda's were soooo sweet to sit in on the showroom floor. You felt like you were hauling a$$ just sittin' there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
I'm sure Chrysler won't do that. Sounds like a plan for an aftermarket company like those in south Florida and Cali that do ground-up '34 Ford Coupes, etc., old Gazelles, etc. Cuda's were soooo sweet to sit in on the showroom floor. You felt like you were hauling a$$ just sittin' there.

One can dream :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Would be nice if they expanded their performance products line to include the new muscle. They make, sell and install the SRT4 Stage kits which are awesome. They should open a division or expand an existing one to include Mopar headers, cams, etc., or have a very stringent set of guidelines for 'outside-the-house' production. All of this at a reasonable cost for the Mopar loyalists!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Will The Thrill said:
I can see them doing a special decal product ala the Daytona Charger however.
Maybe the return of the Challenger T/A? Or a Rallye edition?

Meh those won't so great even then. Im all for special edition 'Cuda.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Any guess/info on MOPAR support?

blackarmy said:
Maybe the return of the Challenger T/A? Or a Rallye edition?

Meh those won't so great even then. Im all for special edition 'Cuda.
Possibly along the lines of this particular concept photo? :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Mopar Stage Kits would be awsome.

Im sure the guys at GS Motorsports will make a kit for the Challenger as well...I hope.
If Dodge sticks with the 6.1L they should be able to perfect one just after release. If Dodge goes with the 392 6.4L, and at time of Challenger release it hasn't been really available prior, we might have to wait 6 mos. or so. But hope not. (Perfect world - on order sheet put a check next to SuperCharger!):eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd be really suprised if they did a supercharger on a 6.4. Can't have the Challenger putting out more power than the Viper after all :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts