Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
You know the Hellcat will be most likely be underrated..... like the 392 that got SAE certified in a hot and humid room......gotta love that trick

That ***** will really be 750HP........

If this thing hooks the 0 to 60 will be brisk indeed...but more important...the 1/4 will be killer :)

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
My guess 3.5 on the slow side, if it can hook with the A8 and Launch Control possibly

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well given SRT's claim it's the fastest muscle car it's going to have to beat the GT500's 3.7. I'm guessing 3.5 because of traction limitations. Hopefully we'll get some real numbers soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm guessing 3.4

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
3.5 or less:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I cannot remember where I read it. but I did read 3.5 sec somewhere

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The 1/4 mile calculators are never right. I hate calculators. My guess: 3.3-3.4 w/ good traction.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
The 1/4 mile calculators are never right. I hate calculators. My guess: 3.3-3.4 w/ good traction.
Traction right.
I have 9.5X20 SRT rims on my car with nitto 275/30ZR20 rear on my r/t with mods 410ish hp, and I have a little wheel spin/bark off the line at full throttle. Really, so the 707 hp hellcat will have the same size tires? really?
so, ok if you like to really smoke the tires that's great, but if on the other hand you want to plant that 707hp, not going to happen with those super narrow tires.

how about a 12" rim with 345/25ZR20's so most of the power can be planted to the ground. ok, open up the wheel wheels its the hellcat srt-8, not an average run of the mill, inexpensive r/t or str-8 400-500hp car, its one of the highest hp production street legal cars available.

The R/T should have 275/30ZR20 stock, and the srt-8 305/25ZR20 stock.

This is assuming you want the hp from the engine to be planted to the ground not just used to smoke the tires. If tire smoke is your goal, then 275/30ZR20 is ideal with 707hp

·
Registered
359 Posts
Traction right.
I have 9.5X20 SRT rims on my car with nitto 275/30ZR20 rear on my r/t with mods 410ish hp, and I have a little wheel spin/bark off the line at full throttle. Really, so the 707 hp hellcat will have the same size tires? really?
so, ok if you like to really smoke the tires that's great, but if on the other hand you want to plant that 707hp, not going to happen with those super narrow tires.

how about a 12" rim with 345/25ZR20's so most of the power can be planted to the ground. ok, open up the wheel wheels its the hellcat srt-8, not an average run of the mill, inexpensive r/t or str-8 400-500hp car, its one of the highest hp production street legal cars available.

The R/T should have 275/30ZR20 stock, and the srt-8 305/25ZR20 stock.

This is assuming you want the hp from the engine to be planted to the ground not just used to smoke the tires. If tire smoke is your goal, then 275/30ZR20 is ideal with 707hp
Based on the latest video, the hellcat shows very little wheel spin (almost none) with the automatic. Granted, it was at the track but the tires stayed planted...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Based on the latest video, the hellcat shows very little wheel spin (almost none) with the automatic. Granted, it was at the track but the tires stayed planted...
Agreed. They must have really dialed everything on that car in, I was very impressed when I saw that lunch, very minimal wheel spin. I'd guess in the 3.2-3.4 sec range.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Agreed. They must have really dialed everything on that car in, I was very impressed when I saw that lunch, very minimal wheel spin. I'd guess in the 3.2-3.4 sec range.
Yeah...they brag about how they engineered the drivetrain in order to keep it planted. It wouldn't surprise me to see us get 3.2! My GT500 would do circles...unless I was going about 40 before I laid into it (moderately). Damn, I told myself I wasn't going to criticize my former rides....it's all fun though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts