Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what tires to get for my 2016 R/T m6. I was thinking about picking up the demon replica rims so I'd probably throw some 315's in the rear and 275's up front. I don't really go to the track, just looking for something to have some fun on back roads.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Atturo AZ850, under 600 for all 4 in the sizes mentioned shipped to your door from Amazon.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
Well you said fun on back roads, so do you want road course tire or drag strip tires?
If you're doing Demon replicas throw on the Nt05r's just like the demon.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Aren't those for trucks and SUV's - maybe some cross over vehicles? Their description on their site says this -

"The AZ850 is a performance tire designed for the modern SUV, Cross Over and Sport Truck."

Curious to know how do those feel on your Challenger??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Aren't those for trucks and SUV's - maybe some cross over vehicles? Their description on their site says this -

"The AZ850 is a performance tire designed for the modern SUV, Cross Over and Sport Truck."

Well, I can without a doubt state that they definitely feel like they have better grip, and since they’re 315 in the rear, if I try to launch I do not spin as much, I don’t think I will be getting as much mileage out of these as I did the stock tires, however for the price point I have yet to find a better set of all season tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

I purchased the AZ800s a few months ago and I have to say I'm very happy with them. They are MUCH better than OEM IMO and at $106 for the 275/40/20 their an awesome deal. I've put a few thousand miles on them and the thread wear is great. I had a set of Nittos before these and the Nittos were good for like 25k miles. I can see these getting just as much miles on them. My Challenger is a daily driver so I don't take it to the strip but I'm a "spirited" driver. There's a few sharp turns on my way home which with the previous tires they would break a bit on the hard turns. These grip so much better and I would suspect that the AZ850 would grip better. I would highly recommend them for the daily driver that's putting 12K+ miles a year and don't want to have to change tires every year.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts

Generally SUV / truck tires have thicker sidewalls for the greater GVWR for that type of vehicle. So the tire is stiffer (and more impact from bumps, irregularities) than a passenger car application.

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
716 Posts
I purchased the AZ800s a few months ago and I have to say I'm very happy with them. They are MUCH better than OEM IMO and at $106 for the 275/40/20 their an awesome deal. I've put a few thousand miles on them and the thread wear is great. I had a set of Nittos before these and the Nittos were good for like 25k miles. I can see these getting just as much miles on them. My Challenger is a daily driver so I don't take it to the strip but I'm a "spirited" driver. There's a few sharp turns on my way home which with the previous tires they would break a bit on the hard turns. These grip so much better and I would suspect that the AZ850 would grip better. I would highly recommend them for the daily driver that's putting 12K+ miles a year and don't want to have to change tires every year.
Awesome information - thanks I will definitely keep them in mind for my next set of tires. Thanks.

Reactions: JavierA
1 - 9 of 9 Posts