Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to people's success or failures tuning 2014 5.7 Hemis. My diablo intune DCX is due in tomorrow, and I would prefer to learn from others issues rather than experience them myself. I saw one post recommending removing the starter button and using the key... So I'll do that. Couldn't hurt. Anything else to know?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just curious as to people's success or failures tuning 2014 5.7 Hemis. My diablo intune DCX is due in tomorrow, and I would prefer to learn from others issues rather than experience them myself. I saw one post recommending removing the starter button and using the key... So I'll do that. Couldn't hurt. Anything else to know?:thumbsup:
I have one and have nothing but great things to say about it! Just take your time and follow the instructions. Yes, remove the start button and use the key.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
I posted a thread on the Diablo forum. The tune went smooth. I took others advice, and did not cycle the key off when instructed. They only issue is: there was no option to disable the skip shift. I posted a thread on the Diablo forum. I saw you helped out a guy with a 2011 SRT. Anyway you could give me a hand getting rid of the skip shift. I attached my last tune and back up to the thread.

Thanks,
Patrick

P.S. My username is the same on your forum (trainmaster).

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Keep in mind the 13-14 models require about 30 minutes just to read the backup file, so a fully charged battery never hurts :)
The tuner was determined to turn my headlights on when doing its thing. I couldn't get them to go off. So I hooked up the trickle charger to the battery just in case. :)

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Yeah, the headlights do come on even when using the factory tools, just part of the process ;)
I figured - eventually.

But I'm trying to follow the instructions to the letter as I've never used a tuner before, and it gave dire warnings about leaving the lights on and draining the battery during the process. Yet the tuner itself forced the lights on!

And as was pointed out earlier, the first time it copies the factory tune it takes a while, which seemed like an extra long time with the warnings about the battery draining in the back of my mind. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Total thread jack!

If the Trinity is married to my Challenger, can I still read CEL codes on another car? Obviously can't load a tune or anything like that, the tuner is locked from that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts