Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to a car show with some friends and had sport/track on. I passed him up and when we arrived the the show he had when I heard me drop gears he could smell my cat. He didn’t say burning, just strong smell.

I have however had not opened my car up since summer so I figured that had something to do with it but then again I smell it myself.

any one have issues with there’s?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I was going to a car show with some friends and had sport/track on. I passed him up and when we arrived the the show he had when I heard me drop gears he could smell my cat. He didn’t say burning, just strong smell.

I have however had not opened my car up since summer so I figured that had something to do with it but then again I smell it myself.

any one have issues with there’s?
Not an issue. Normal.

Under hard acceleration the engine control ignores the converter efficiency -- does not monitor it -- and delivers a richer mixture to the engine that one preferred by the converters. The converters are not as effective at dealing with the exhaust produced under these operating conditions. This is probably what your friends were smelling.

If there was a converter problem the CEL would be on with O2 or converter codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
Yea I didn’t throw any codes or anything and she’s been running great. I just thought it was kind of weird for that smell at 25k miles.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
not abnormal to smell them from time to time.
If you have a cat go bad, you'll know it.
Had one "plug up" once, car felt like it was running on half an engine, no power, no accelleration, wierdest thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts