Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any maintenance for sunroof or door window seals? I didn't want the window seals to harden up and not seal properly. Wind noise drives me crazy. Want to keep my sunroof working properly

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I wipe the sunroof and door seals with a damp cloth once a season. Going on 5 years of ownership now with zero issues.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
A lot of products that say they are safe for weathstrips is a petroleum product witch we all know is not good for rubber products. I use a silicone spray and wet a cloth with it and wipe down every weather stripe on the car and every car I have owned. I have a 69 Chevy Biscayne all original with soft and squeak free weather-strips.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
A lot of products that say they are safe for weathstrips is a petroleum product witch we all know is not good for rubber products. I use a silicone spray and wet a cloth with it and wipe down every weather stripe on the car and every car I have owned. I have a 69 Chevy Biscayne all original with soft and squeak free weather-strips.
Yup, what Sunny said. I use WD-40 Silicone spray on a clean cloth and coat the rubber strips couple or three times a year. B-

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
I used "303" protectant on my previous Challenger, and use it on my present SP.

It's safe on all black exterior trim, interior plastics, and all rubber seals.

303 has "UV" protection in their formula, and it really does keep all the above looking like new, without that greasy armorall looking shine or feel.

Two Challengers, nine years of use, and it works.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
I use this stuff on all my weatherstrip seals. I apply it once a year.
Second this. When I first bought my Boxster Gummi-pflege was mentioned. I bought some -- at a BMW dealer parts counter -- and used it occasionally to "dress" the door, window, roof, clam shell, and trunk rubber seals.

When I washed the car after when I was wiping the car down I made it a habit to wipe down the rubber seals with a clean damp rag to remove any dust or other stuff. Also, I kept the surfaces the rubber sealed against clean and waxed.

After 15 years all the car's weather stripping seals were just fine.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Keep an eye on the sunroof rails. Factory grease should be a white/yellowish color. If theres a bunch of black goop, clean it up and use white lithium.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used "303" protectant on my previous Challenger, and use it on my present SP.

It's safe on all black exterior trim, interior plastics, and all rubber seals.

303 has "UV" protection in their formula, and it really does keep all the above looking like new, without that greasy armorall looking shine or feel.

Two Challengers, nine years of use, and it works.
The 303 works great on the plastic splitter...mudflaps...rocker panels...etc...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
Second this. When I first bought my Boxster Gummi-pflege was mentioned. I bought some -- at a BMW dealer parts counter -- and used it occasionally to "dress" the door, window, roof, clam shell, and trunk rubber seals.

When I washed the car after when I was wiping the car down I made it a habit to wipe down the rubber seals with a clean damp rag to remove any dust or other stuff. Also, I kept the surfaces the rubber sealed against clean and waxed.

After 15 years all the car's weather stripping seals were just fine.
Actually I think it was you that might have mentioned this product while back as I remember it being something recommended by the BMW dealer.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
The 303 works great on the plastic splitter...mudflaps...rocker panels...etc...
Yep, only trim that I don't use it on my '16 are the tailight surrounds, the piece between the tail lights, and the trim around the headlights.

Those parts are the shiney, easy to scratch plastic. I touch those as little as possible, only light wiping after I detail spray.

For detail spray, I'm also using a 303 product. "Quick Detail Spray." Started using this about 3 years ago, after trying out numerous other brands.

I just like how this spray works and looks. IMO, it has a super shiney thin looking and glassy look after applications. JMHO compared to others that I've used. It also has UV protection in the formula.

Just sharing what works for me.

61282.jpg
44937.jpg

Reactions: ivey_usmc
1 - 12 of 12 Posts