Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here heard anything about any new incentives for the leftover 2010s that take effect after 1/3/11? The previous incentives and deals just didn't put what I wanted into my budget range, so I'm hoping for something better in the new year :) Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Anyone here heard anything about any new incentives for the leftover 2010s that take effect after 1/3/11? The previous incentives and deals just didn't put what I wanted into my budget range, so I'm hoping for something better in the new year :) Thanks for any info.
arent SRT's selling for $8-10k off sticker? how much more do you need?

i have no idea what RT's and SE's are selling for, but if your looking for an SE id rather wait for 2011 since the performance difference is going to be dramatic

no one's going to know what the future rebates are until 1-4-11

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I don't know of any, but if you don't like the sound of a 2010 at invoice(or close to it), then I would suggest buying used. And, unless you want the new v6 or the 392, go buy an 09, there is a crap load of them out there and you'll save 5-10K easy. 2010 has nothing substantial over the 09, IMO, good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So let me get this straight, starting tomorrow on the 4th there are going to be extra incentives and discounts on 2010 Dodge Challengers? Is that why this dealership is hassling me to complete the deal by today, the 3rd?

·
Banned
557 Posts
So let me get this straight, starting tomorrow on the 4th there are going to be extra incentives and discounts on 2010 Dodge Challengers? Is that why this dealership is hassling me to complete the deal by today, the 3rd?
The dealership is harassing you to close today because they still get "credit" for cars sold by close of business today as part of their December 2010 sales. This could be a big, big deal if the dealer is only 1 sale away from hitting a bonus for pushing X number of Challengers out by end of 2010.

And I am also wanting to know the incentives. I got a deal on the line, and doing some research.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dealership is harassing you to close today because they still get "credit" for cars sold by close of business today as part of their December 2010 sales. This could be a big, big deal if the dealer is only 1 sale away from hitting a bonus for pushing X number of Challengers out by end of 2010.

And I am also wanting to know the incentives. I got a deal on the line, and doing some research.
So do you think if I refuse to close today and check over prices and incentives the next couple days I will save a decent amount of money? They really are pushing me hard.

·
Banned
557 Posts
So do you think if I refuse to close today and check over prices and incentives the next couple days I will save a decent amount of money? They really are pushing me hard.
Truthfully I don't know. I am also on the fence on what to do. I don't want to lose the deal I got worked, but I don't want to be sick about losing extra money tomorrow either.

LOL, I guess it's a good place to be....but kinda not at the same time.

I'd like to tell myself (and believe) that the incentives will be extended or get sweeter as they will want to move 2010's in prep for the 2011's. What I really see as a potential is the auto's now being included in the current $1,500 rebate that is for sticks only. And maybe the sticks bumping up $500 or so ($2,000+ total).

Either way it's a good time to buy. But I just don't have a way to confirm. I wish someone would drop it on us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, this all is really new to me. All my cars in the past I have bought from private sellers, I have no idea how dealerships with "incentives" and "rebates" work. I am the same way though in that I don't want to look in a month and see a big price deduction and kick myself.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The dealer im working with claims that deals will not be as good as they are today.He claims that insentives will be moved to the 2011s . Im gambeling that hes wrong I may win I may lose olny time will tell. If so i see a 2011 in driveway not a 2010 no tragdey .

·
Registered
557 Posts
The dealer im working with claims that deals will not be as good as they are today.He claims that insentives will be moved to the 2011s . Im gambeling that hes wrong I may win I may lose olny time will tell. If so i see a 2011 in driveway not a 2010 no tragdey .
So here is the no-brainer part of that...will he make up the difference if the incentives go up, and you buy tonight at the "old" incentives? Seems like a fair question to ask him. After all, he is pushing you by saying the incentives are not going to be as good. Make him back up his words in writing. That way, you have nothing to lose.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Tried that aproach he would not go for it .

·
Banned
557 Posts
Yeah, this all is really new to me. All my cars in the past I have bought from private sellers, I have no idea how dealerships with "incentives" and "rebates" work. I am the same way though in that I don't want to look in a month and see a big price deduction and kick myself.
Yeah, sometimes buying from individuals is easier. Everyone has their dollar cutoff and if both parties can live within those limits a deal is struck. With new cars, it can be confusing because the manufacturer (Dodge) offers incentives/rebates that the dealer (usually) passes through @ 100% to the customers to help sell cars. Then there is advertising fees, invoice cost, holdback, etc.

I'm not saying my deal is the best but I like it. They are offering $6,200 off MSRP of $33,150 or roughly 18.7%. As your MSRP price increases or decreases, if you take that percentage you are getting the same deal. So if your car MSRP'd at $37k, your discount would be $6,919 or $30,081.

One of the better deals I saw was posted in another thread for Nyle Maxwell dealership in Austin, offering up to $8k off a Challenger. I actually just called and talked to a guy. That is for a $38.7k RT. I asked how much for a cheaper RT. He told me they would honor the same PERCENTAGE off on the lower priced models. That equals about 20.7% off price. In terms of my deal, that means $663 or so cheaper. However, I'd have to drive 8 hours to get the car or pay shipping. So it's not really cheaper for me. However, I might try to use a leverage to get a few more bucks out of my local dealer.

So here is the no-brainer part of that...will he make up the difference if the incentives go up, and you buy tonight at the "old" incentives? Seems like a fair question to ask him. After all, he is pushing you by saying the incentives are not going to be as good. Make him back up his words in writing. That way, you have nothing to lose.
LOL, hella good idea! :guiness:

I'm not saying the dealer is lying, but I also know they want to sale a car tonight. I'm pretty sure every dealer across the nation is saying the same thing, even if the deals are getting sweeter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nolimits76, I think you have it pretty well figured. About the same price I got from a dealer here in IL. 2 weeks ago. The consumer rebates may go up some, we may loose the 6 speed $1500.00 rebate though, not many 6 speeds left around me. The big incentives will be the dealer incentives or coupons they can use on 2010 Challengers, I think they could be $2000.00 , we will never know. There are lots of new Challengers around me and I live in the middle of nowhere. I think deals will just get better, for a while.
Did you price a auto or 6 speed ?

·
Registered
37 Posts

Thats funny! The dealer is telling me the same thing now in March. Hurry! Don't wait!!!! The incentives will be gone on the 10's and moved to the 11's. Really? There is still a crap load of 10's on the lot and you mean to tell me they are going to lower the incentives. It wasn't true back in January and I am betting its not true now.

I am ready to buy now but something tells me to wait and see what Dodge does on incentives for the 10's going into the summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts