Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume no one is up listening to some lame ass talk radio on a sunday morning at 7:30 am but I was only cuz I was on my way to work and have become somewhat of a fan. Not really but..

Anyway this morning they had a informative piece on the Chally and Imperial.

The female editior for this show got an invite to go drive them both in S Cal which she did. She was in awe of the Chally at first site. She went to say after driving it that she sees a second mortg on her house to get it. She was instructed to stay under 20 mph but did a short blast to 50 just because the sound was intoxicating :) :) .

I was surprised that this model was first rejected by the brass. Three teams built 3 versions, 2 futureistic one and our beloved one known internally as the "Heritage" Only after seeing the mock ups of the other two did they do a last minute change and use the Heritage for the concept. That was one close call right there whew.

Anyway she loved it, the other peeps there loved it and it's handlers said they get mobbed everywhere they go. She was talking to a DCX Tier 1 supplier and they let it slip that they are indeed "working like ants 24/7" into how to re tool to get this built. I think the name was Connor & something doh!! anyway the issue is how to strech the LX 3" wider for the chally VS builing a whole new line when the LY hits. These are what is holding up the green lights. She said that GM does look like they are wasting no time in getting the Camaro to mkt and even have a fricken Vert planned wtf ??

Come on DCX you are getting smoked and the cars have not even left the starting line.

She then went onto start talking about the Imperial. Radio switched off :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
A few weeks ago, I decided to start taking notes on the dash notepad of whether or not I saw a late model 'Stang whenever I got behind the wheel and drove somewhere, anywhere. The results? In the past month, I have logged 12 non-sightings. Each ane every one of those was logged in the two miles to the grocery store and back to my home. A factor I anticipated by placing a "g" beside each entry.

What does that mean? Well, it means that Ford got it wrong DCX. Nobody is interested in retro muscle cars. They aren't selling like hotcakes. And rest assured, almost none will leave dealers lots while you make the right decision and forget all about producing a retro-Challenger.

This, of course, being the result of feeding all that logging info through the Theory of Inverse Reality.

Remember DCX, nobody will buy it if you don't build it. Of that you can be well assured.

And be quiet about it too DCX. I am starting to really like the fastback GT 'Stang. I mean, er ah, there's a black hole out there from you DCX. And I just landed a great new job with an unbelievable signing bonus. Using the Theory of Inverse Reality, I will just put this in the bank and let it draw interest while you go through the years of hand-wringing you did the last time this happened. Yeah, right.

History does not repeat itself, foolish people repeat history.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Afterburner said:
A few weeks ago, I decided to start taking notes on the dash notepad of whether or not I saw a late model 'Stang whenever I got behind the wheel and drove somewhere, anywhere. The results? In the past month, I have logged 12 non-sightings. Each ane every one of those was logged in the two miles to the grocery store and back to my home. A factor I anticipated by placing a "g" beside each entry.

What does that mean? Well, it means that Ford got it wrong DCX. Nobody is interested in retro muscle cars. They aren't selling like hotcakes. And rest assured, almost none will leave dealers lots while you make the right decision and forget all about producing a retro-Challenger.

This, of course, being the result of feeding all that logging info through the Theory of Inverse Reality.

Remember DCX, nobody will buy it if you don't build it. Of that you can be well assured.

And be quiet about it too DCX. I am starting to really like the fastback GT 'Stang. I mean, er ah, there's a black hole out there from you DCX. And I just landed a great new job with an unbelievable signing bonus. Using the Theory of Inverse Reality, I will just put this in the bank and let it draw interest while you go through the years of hand-wringing you did the last time this happened. Yeah, right.

History does not repeat itself, foolish people repeat history.

I dont know where you think the mustangs arent selling...They are all over dc...its impossible to drive anywhere without seeing one. In my town alone, which prolly has about 100 houses so maybe about 200 adults, there are 4 new GT's. I havent even thought to count anything more than that....those big ole v8's are the only thing I am interested in.

as far as retro....its popular here...around dc, around southern maryland and in many paers of virginia. These cars will sell...at least in the DV metropolitan area they will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HTExile07 said:
I dont know where you think the mustangs arent selling...They are all over dc...its impossible to drive anywhere without seeing one. In my town alone, which prolly has about 100 houses so maybe about 200 adults, there are 4 new GT's. I havent even thought to count anything more than that....those big ole v8's are the only thing I am interested in.

as far as retro....its popular here...around dc, around southern maryland and in many paers of virginia. These cars will sell...at least in the DV metropolitan area they will.

S-A-R-C-A-S-M smart guy. Let's not be so quick to jump on someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts