Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And by that I mean. Who here is seriously considering re badging the challenger. I.E. who here will be looking into changing it into a 2 door charger. or making it look like the 'cuda, or road runner, etc etc. I don't think I would, but it wouldn't bother me if other people did. Shouldn't take to much to change them, i guess only Different grills, taillights, spoilers, would change it into what you'd want.

So come on guys, who here is seriously considering changing their soon to be challenger's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yankee said:
Not me
Mine, like all of my other cars, will be a preserved original and look the same as it rolled off the showroom floor as long as I own it. :D
i agree mine will look the same, with maybe different wheels eventually. but it will not run the same, i plan on stopping off at the parts store on the way home from the factory. lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
lordzorok said:
i agree mine will look the same, with maybe different wheels eventually. but it will not run the same, i plan on stopping off at the parts store on the way home from the factory. lol
I'd probably leave it almost stock till the warrenty expired, I wouldn't mine these wheels on it if they were still available when I could afford them and in the size I'd prefer
http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03692

·
Registered
1 Posts
the only change i like is the backend,evey one i know who sees the car doesnt like it,i had a 1972, 340 challenger i bought new when i was 18 and found a decent job and i liked the backend and taillights much better than the 1970,but to each his own.;)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'll probably get the biggest 6-speed they're makin when I graduate from college and keep her, low mileage and absolutely stock. Hopefully I'll find a cheap used base model later and make a drag car, the Wabash Cannonball II or Jr. haven't decided yet.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
:D To each his own...
But, for me I will most likely try to create a modern day cuda.
If I can get a sublime green car, then it will be altered to look like an AAR Cuda, personaly there is no other car as cool as that color, with the AAR stipe!
Put I also plan to make everything to where someday, if need be, it can all be changed back to stock perfection.

Also a retro styled spoiler (hopefully from the factory) and some retro wheels could be feasible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the car were to be released the way the concept looks I really don't think I would do anything to it.;)

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Oh where to start? I would get the orange just like it is now. Then try to drop the weight where I could starting w/ a CF hood, CF rear boot lid, dump the entire exhaust incl the mufflers and cats. Throw on a CAIS, front and rear stablilizer struts and top it off w/ HRE 547's powdercoated black mounted on Mich PS2. And on the second day I would ...... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depending on what is available and how I can really make it look more like a 'Cuda (but very tastefully), that's the route I'll be taking.

If I can't pull it off 'right' I won't do it all.

I really hope to start with an SRT8 and what the factory does with the hood will be a huge consideration. If it gets a factory Shaker then I think a 'Cuda clone is an almost certainty. An aftermarket Shaker would need to be very well engineered before I would make that change.

An aftermarket 'Cuda-ish grill will prob be available within 3 months I would guess as that is a no brainer to me and prob quite a few others. Since I prefer a 71 style I may even look into what fender gills might cost but I know it would be one of the more major decisions.

Badges are also an easy change and I don't really feel too bad about rebadging as the original E-Body Challengers and Barracudas were very much sister-cars so the stretch isn't too far. I would never try to claim it was a real new 'Cuda of course... if asked. Plus that big Challenger side badge towards the back has to go either way.

I have done too many performance mods to past and current cars so I understand well the + and - of messing with factory engineering. I think I will leave the Go-Fast to Ma Mopar. Well... maybe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Amen E-body, you said it right!
If it can't be done in good taste, then it should not be done.
But with the enthusiasim that this car is recieving, I expect to see parts making our modifications rather simple!
Heres to hopeing anyhow!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably the only thing I would change is the rims. Light weight, WIDE rims to fit the biggest, stickiest summer tires I can get my hands on onto that rear axle. The front rims would be narrower (obviously), but equally badass. Maybe after the warranty wore off I would start my modding journey to turn this into a 1/4 mile monster that I can still cruise around town with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the old style Challenger. That's why I liked it. The new one is a modern, stream lined version. Smooth lines but still has the monster look. If I don't get it soon I'll blow up.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Yankee said:
Not me
Mine, like all of my other cars, will be a preserved original and look the same as it rolled off the showroom floor as long as I own it. :D
I really used to feel the same way and for many of the truly important cars I still do. Over time I’ve gotten into the G-Machine or Resto-mod scene.

To the question at hand I was going to start a thread on this subject. I’ll look to add as many 1970-71 touches to the car so long as they don’t look ridiculous. I’ll look toward stripes, scoops, spoilers, and wheels offered on the classics…flip-top chrome gas cap mmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts