Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And by that I mean. Who here is seriously considering re badging the challenger. I.E. who here will be looking into changing it into a 2 door charger. or making it look like the 'cuda, or road runner, etc etc. I don't think I would, but it wouldn't bother me if other people did. Shouldn't take to much to change them, i guess only Different grills, taillights, spoilers, would change it into what you'd want.

So come on guys, who here is seriously considering changing their soon to be challenger's?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not me
Mine, like all of my other cars, will be a preserved original and look the same as it rolled off the showroom floor as long as I own it. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yankee said:
Not me
Mine, like all of my other cars, will be a preserved original and look the same as it rolled off the showroom floor as long as I own it. :D
i agree mine will look the same, with maybe different wheels eventually. but it will not run the same, i plan on stopping off at the parts store on the way home from the factory. lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
lordzorok said:
i agree mine will look the same, with maybe different wheels eventually. but it will not run the same, i plan on stopping off at the parts store on the way home from the factory. lol
I'd probably leave it almost stock till the warrenty expired, I wouldn't mine these wheels on it if they were still available when I could afford them and in the size I'd prefer
http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03692

·
Registered
1 Posts
the only change i like is the backend,evey one i know who sees the car doesnt like it,i had a 1972, 340 challenger i bought new when i was 18 and found a decent job and i liked the backend and taillights much better than the 1970,but to each his own.;)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'll probably get the biggest 6-speed they're makin when I graduate from college and keep her, low mileage and absolutely stock. Hopefully I'll find a cheap used base model later and make a drag car, the Wabash Cannonball II or Jr. haven't decided yet.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
:D To each his own...
But, for me I will most likely try to create a modern day cuda.
If I can get a sublime green car, then it will be altered to look like an AAR Cuda, personaly there is no other car as cool as that color, with the AAR stipe!
Put I also plan to make everything to where someday, if need be, it can all be changed back to stock perfection.

Also a retro styled spoiler (hopefully from the factory) and some retro wheels could be feasible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the car were to be released the way the concept looks I really don't think I would do anything to it.;)

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Oh where to start? I would get the orange just like it is now. Then try to drop the weight where I could starting w/ a CF hood, CF rear boot lid, dump the entire exhaust incl the mufflers and cats. Throw on a CAIS, front and rear stablilizer struts and top it off w/ HRE 547's powdercoated black mounted on Mich PS2. And on the second day I would ...... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depending on what is available and how I can really make it look more like a 'Cuda (but very tastefully), that's the route I'll be taking.

If I can't pull it off 'right' I won't do it all.

I really hope to start with an SRT8 and what the factory does with the hood will be a huge consideration. If it gets a factory Shaker then I think a 'Cuda clone is an almost certainty. An aftermarket Shaker would need to be very well engineered before I would make that change.

An aftermarket 'Cuda-ish grill will prob be available within 3 months I would guess as that is a no brainer to me and prob quite a few others. Since I prefer a 71 style I may even look into what fender gills might cost but I know it would be one of the more major decisions.

Badges are also an easy change and I don't really feel too bad about rebadging as the original E-Body Challengers and Barracudas were very much sister-cars so the stretch isn't too far. I would never try to claim it was a real new 'Cuda of course... if asked. Plus that big Challenger side badge towards the back has to go either way.

I have done too many performance mods to past and current cars so I understand well the + and - of messing with factory engineering. I think I will leave the Go-Fast to Ma Mopar. Well... maybe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Amen E-body, you said it right!
If it can't be done in good taste, then it should not be done.
But with the enthusiasim that this car is recieving, I expect to see parts making our modifications rather simple!
Heres to hopeing anyhow!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably the only thing I would change is the rims. Light weight, WIDE rims to fit the biggest, stickiest summer tires I can get my hands on onto that rear axle. The front rims would be narrower (obviously), but equally badass. Maybe after the warranty wore off I would start my modding journey to turn this into a 1/4 mile monster that I can still cruise around town with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GS Motorsports Supercharger Kit.. 500+ rwhp!! :D and I MIGHT debadge the 'Challenger' on the rear quarter. But, as long as production looks like concept, It'll stay the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the old style Challenger. That's why I liked it. The new one is a modern, stream lined version. Smooth lines but still has the monster look. If I don't get it soon I'll blow up.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Yankee said:
Not me
I really used to feel the same way and for many of the truly important cars I still do. Over time I’ve gotten into the G-Machine or Resto-mod scene.

To the question at hand I was going to start a thread on this subject. I’ll look to add as many 1970-71 touches to the car so long as they don’t look ridiculous. I’ll look toward stripes, scoops, spoilers, and wheels offered on the classics…flip-top chrome gas cap mmmmmm.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've changed my mind, I'm not going to supercharge it... I'm going to get the GSMotorsports port and polished heads kit, cam, springs, and exhaust.. that'll be enough for around 500whp.. and a REALLY big smile

1 - 20 of 45 Posts