Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order and receive their Challenger in F8 Green yet??

Ordered on 8/16, 392 SPS, F8, A8. Just found out the other day that mine went from D1 status back to D. Gateline was planned for 9/20 originally, but now who knows? Curious to see if anyone is receiving them yet. And yes the wait is officially killing me now... :ack:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Prob not yet. As far as I've found there is only one F8 '18 Challenger out there anywhere. A 6 cylinder SXT at Nissan Chrysler in Culver City CA. I ordered my F8 TA 392 on 9/2 so I really don't expect to see it until at least the end of October but now I'm hearing about even more delays with manual transmission cars and who knows what else. I guess all we can do is wait.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yes, I ordered mine on 8/10. Had a build date of 9/6. That came and went with no car built. According to Dodge Cares, they're having some paint issues, and my new build date is tentatively scheduled for the week of 10/9. I've seen a photo of an F8 car on a dealer lot, so I don't know what the issue is, but I hope they get it resolved and get my car built.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered my 2018 R/T Scat Pack F8 Green on 10/2 with the following options:

8 Speed Automatic
Dynamics Package
Leather Interior Group
Driver Convenience Group
Harman/Kardon Premium Sound Group
20x9.5 Low Gloss Black Forged Wheels
Black Suede/Nappa Leather Seats
Red Brake Calipers

Hopefully, we don't see anymore delays.

·
Registered
8 Posts
F8 Green, Laguna Leather black/sepia

I ordered my 2018 SRT, F8 Green, Laguna Leatherblack/sepia on 10/12/17

Automatic Transmission
Technology Package
Have been told that it went to D1 status on 10/20/17

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's HERE!!! Arrived at the dealership yesterday and I took delivery this morning! The pics don't do it justice as it was overcast, the F8 looks amazing in the sunlight! Off to finish the break in and order some mods >:)

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
It's HERE!!! Arrived at the dealership yesterday and I took delivery this morning! The pics don't do it justice as it was overcast, the F8 looks amazing in the sunlight! Off to finish the break in and order some mods >:)
Very nice, makes me want to put a big white star on the door for some reason.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh boy, your dealer either doesn't know what they're doing our they're blowing smoke up your rear end! F8 has been available to order since the order banks opened up. I ordered my TA 392 in F8 at the beginning of September and it was built last week. Originally, F8 along with the new IndiGo blue, B5 blue and plum crazy were stated as being late availability colors but for some reason, F8 and Indigo were moved up to the start of '18 production. I have a feeling that F8 and Indigo will be discontinued about 1/2 way through production and be replaced with B5 and purple so if you want F8, I will find another dealer and order it now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you have a guard dog on duty already.
Yep! My little 65lb cannon ball! My mobile trip hazard :grin2:

Hi, WYRD, Mr F8, it the paint flat like torred or destroyer grey, or does it have metal flake in it????
Definite metal flake. More of a gold flake, it's gorgeous in the sunlight!

You for got to take your yellow bumpers off HA HA
Yeah, those buggers aren't coming off for a couple days until I figure out where all I scrape at!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats!! YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT!!! I have a F8 green hellcat sitting in a rail yard near Toledo!! Hopefully I will have it next week!!

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
Yeah, those buggers aren't coming off for a couple days until I figure out where all I scrape at!
Going in / out of driveways - go at an angle, that will get you more clearance. From your driveway picture, it looks like you probably have a bit of a dip where driveway meets the street.

The spoiler on the 6.4 & 6.2 models does stick out a bit. (have a SPS myself)

·
Registered
712 Posts
WoW! What a beauty! Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Congrats! Looks great :thumbsup: I see you got the bulldog option too!

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Very nice! Definitely a pretty and unique color.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good Lord that’s an amazing color. I traded in a GWE 392 earlier this year for a SRT 392 in “bright white” (ironic considering the lack of flake) and my son hasn’t forgiven me since LOL. Really considering trading in for an F8 after seeing these early pics. PLEASE PLEASE post some more pics, especially in the sun. I havent’ seen one in person yet and would love to see what the flake looks like. No dealerships around me have any yet.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts