Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, going to try to get car to track today if rain holds off. In the meantime, I have a(stoopid)question as far as putting on front skinnies and 305s on rear...does this require tpms sensors, or can I ignore that? What did you do Savoy1964?
You can ignore it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tnx AFZ, I would imagine ignoring it also means the warning light(s) will remain on?
Most likely.

But if it's just your strip setup, who cares. Even if you have the TPS sensors in, the minute you deflat down to 22psi, you'll get a warning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gotya, thanks for the info AFZ, kinda figured thats the case but like to be reaffirmed by someone whos been there, done that. 305s I hear only need bout 19 lbs, so guess thats where i'll start with n go from there. It'll prolly be a week or two before I put em on, wanna baseline with stock n then start changing things up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine June 13th and have been to the track several times already. Every time I've been there its been hot, best DA day I've seen so far is 2300 but my best time was with a DA of 2670 with 23 PSI in rear, Passenger seat removed, Rear seat still in the car, used launch control @ 1800 RPM's. Ran 12.036 @ 113.00 MPH.
I just got my new Race Star (Dark Star) rims 18 x 5 with M&H 4.50 x 28-18" put on and will be at the track again this week. I hope to be in the high 11's now even if the DA is high again.
Here are a couple Youtube video's with my runs.
12.036 @ 113.00.JPG
1320 Rear New Plate.JPG
12.036 @ 113.00.JPG 1320 Rear New Plate.JPG Milan Drag 1st Time.JPG Passenger Side & Rear Drag Star.JPG Front M&H 4.5x28.0x18.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a red 1320 two weeks ago....anyone do the mid-muffler delete yet? I did, and now I have a slight vibration sound at low speeds when I hit the throttle. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought a red 1320 two weeks ago....anyone do the mid-muffler delete yet? I did, and now I have a slight vibration sound at low speeds when I hit the throttle. Anyone else experience this?
Yes, I think it's the exhaust valve, only happens sometimes, but it's a metal vibration sound, seems to be only on the drivers side.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Took 1320 to track Aug.30, half tank o gas, 305s on rear, skinnies on front(RaceStar wheels all around), both pass.seats removed, installed a driveshaft loop. Best run was 11.78 @ 113.9...MoPar vs Ford at track Sept. 8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took 1320 to track Aug.30, half tank o gas, 305s on rear, skinnies on front(RaceStar wheels all around), both pass.seats removed, installed a driveshaft loop. Best run was 11.78 @ 113.9...MoPar vs Ford at track Sept. 8
Do NHRA tracks require a driveshaft loop?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The track I go to near me is an IHRA track, but here is some info... NHRA: The driveshaft loop is required to meet the NHRA safety rules if the car is running 13.99 and faster on slicks or 13.00 and faster on street tires. The rules require that the loop is mounted within 6 inches of the front U-joint on the driveshaft for support of thedriveshaft in the event of a U-joint failure.

IHRA: DS loop required for any cars using slicks and running quicker than 14.00. Cars running 13.00 and slower on street tires do not need the loop. All cars no matter what tires they use must use a loop if quicker than 13.00

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Should be an exception for 100% stock production vehicles. Most new performance cars run quicker than 13.00 and never heard of anyone having to add a loop.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Got mine three weeks ago.

Put 1k miles on it in the first week, cut the mids out and upgrades sound system.
Both the car and the pics are awesome.

The pics at Sinclair's are super cool! :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I shouldve added a disclaimer as what I posted was from what I believe to be a 2015 rulebook. You should check up to date rule book for each sanctioning body you care to run under. Your results may vary, no guarantees expressed or implied.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just as an addendum, I installed a driveshaft safety loop because I wanted to, not because of reading or interpeting any rules, I just think its a good idea, for me. I'm sure if I had done more in depth research, the results would be as Slidd referred to, My intent was not to mislead anyone.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
About this Discussion
98 Replies
26 Participants
EvoRaat
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing