Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,031 Posts
Get off my lawn daggumit...it’s called footbraking in the circles I run in, but I needed a term/phrase to describe how much of an RPM “load” to hold footbraking....sheesh, you young whippersnappers!
We always called it "brake-torquing"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,727 Posts
Get off my lawn daggumit...it’s called footbraking in the circles I run in, but I needed a term/phrase to describe how much of an RPM “load” to hold footbraking....sheesh, you young whippersnappers!

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 R/T Scat Pack 1320
23 Posts
Right well this sucks. Dealer in Dallas ”changed their mind” So definitely no plum crazy 1320 challenger for me:mad: there’s only one other in the country and they won’t do a dealer trade! Even at $1k above invoice

my question is there someone who knows 100% will there or not be the 1320 available 2020?
tried to order at dealership and there was no 1320 package available for next year, maybe FCA are holding back to clear the lots of ‘19’s? Or maybe it’s a one year package.

now looking for other colors... guess I’ll be changing my name

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right well this sucks. Dealer in Dallas ”changed their mind” So definitely no plum crazy 1320 challenger for me:mad: there’s only one other in the country and they won’t do a dealer trade! Even at $1k above invoice

my question is there someone who knows 100% will there or not be the 1320 available 2020?
tried to order at dealership and there was no 1320 package available for next year, maybe FCA are holding back to clear the lots of ‘19’s? Or maybe it’s a one year package.

now looking for other colors... guess I’ll be changing my name
When I bought mine, I tried to get a CT dealer to get me a 1320 I saw at a dealer in RI. I made 3 trips to RI to see the car [in the showroom].
They absolutely knew what they had and wouldn't trade to any other dealer. So I bought mine out of state. It doesn't have a sunroof and is destroyer grey.

·
Registered
2019 R/T Scat Pack 1320
23 Posts
So after a 3000 mile round trip drive. I got (almost) exactly what I wanted. Got to drive 30 miles in the warm sunshine yesterday, now under snow...
She is a beast, and I love it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

New 2019 1320 Scat Pak here in white and black. I truly enjoy the car but I still want it to be more powerful. I feel a Procharger is in the future for this car, then it will perfectly match my 2006 Pontiac GTO. It's very comfortable and nice to drive. I'm not too happy about the Alpine system fidelity, but I bought the car that was already sitting on the dealership floor. I think the Harmon Kardon system might have been better. However, the H/K system would be heavier, thus defeating the purpose of this bruiser.

The factory drag radials are a neat ideal but around here, Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S are what you put on the 20 inch wheel FTW or 15-inch wheels with ET Street R/Radial Pro. I will be changing the ET Street S/S soon as the factory tires are worn.

People seem to love it locally but some are let down when I answer them that it is not a Hellcat. The only modification I have done so far is to fully tint all the widows.

I will be lurking around to find out best practices in racing the 1320 Scat Pak.

Questions
1. Is the RPM shift limit different on the 1320 than other 392 powered vehicles? If so, is this in DRAG and or Normal modes?
2. Is there any benefit to trying to hook up the front light ram air intake to the air filter box? It truly is a shame that this was not done from the factory.
3. Is the brakes on the 1320 Scat Pak smaller and or inferior to the other Scat Paks and older SRT 392's? They seem smaller and maybe this was for weight savings or cost cutting...

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello everyone,

New 2019 1320 Scat Pak here in white and black. I truly enjoy the car but I still want it to be more powerful. I feel a Procharger is in the future for this car, then it will perfectly match my 2006 Pontiac GTO. It's very comfortable and nice to drive. I'm not too happy about the Alpine system fidelity, but I bought the car that was already sitting on the dealership floor. I think the Harmon Kardon system might have been better. However, the H/K system would be heavier, thus defeating the purpose of this bruiser.

The factory drag radials are a neat ideal but around here, Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S are what you put on the 20 inch wheel FTW or 15-inch wheels with ET Street R/Radial Pro. I will be changing the ET Street S/S soon as the factory tires are worn.

People seem to love it locally but some are let down when I answer them that it is not a Hellcat. The only modification I have done so far is to fully tint all the widows.

I will be lurking around to find out best practices in racing the 1320 Scat Pak.

Questions
1. Is the RPM shift limit different on the 1320 than other 392 powered vehicles? If so, is this in DRAG and or Normal modes?
2. Is there any benefit to trying to hook up the front light ram air intake to the air filter box? It truly is a shame that this was not done from the factory.
3. Is the brakes on the 1320 Scat Pak smaller and or inferior to the other Scat Paks and older SRT 392's? They seem smaller and maybe this was for weight savings or cost cutting...
I think the shift points are at higher RPM when in drag mode. There is a video of someone using Hellcat parts to connect the light tube to the airbox.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,234 Posts
Hello everyone,

Questions
1. Higher, but in Drag mode
2. Yes, it does help a bit at WOT.
2. Not inferior, just smaller.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1. Higher, but in Drag mode
2. Yes, it does help a bit at WOT.
2. Not inferior, just smaller.
I agree with above, the Nexens are a great tire for traction but you have to heat them up first when racing, my best time 11.55 @ 118 mph. I did take off the front drag tires and put on "all season" so I can have spares when I burn up the rears. Welcome to the club, Steve "1320 BEE" NE Challengers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
528 Posts
Yes love my 1320 these cars are underrated plus only 1047 made in 2019. Drag mode suspension is crazy

Attachments

Reactions: Medsport

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
528 Posts
121 - 140 of 145 Posts