Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of places by any chance that the Challenger will be appearing at? Or better yet, does anyone know if it will be at the Pittsburgh Auto show in Feb? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
It's at the Washington Auto Show in Washington DC through this weekend. Went down and saw it for myself; very impressive. I thought it was a nice touch to have a 1970 Challenger parked close by.. truely shows where their desiegners were coming from.

The Challenger was by far getting the most attention of any vehicle at the show. Heck, they had a Viper and a SRT-8 Charger in the display and there were only a few folks poking in and around them. After the his little speech, the DCX announcer said he take some questions about the car. I'd say 75% of those were "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUILD US THIS CAR?"

It was awesome!!

BTW: If you haven't seen it, the "Camp Jeep" setup is AMAZING! They have a "L" shaped course set out with 20ft or so steep hills, mud pits and logs that the event staff will take for a ride around in a Jeep of your choosing. It really has to be seen to be believed. Took up one whole end of the events floor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hope DC continues to show the Challenger Concept around the country. The more ecstatic reactions it gets from the public around the country the better the chances they will make it.

And if anyone from DC is reading this - PLEASE bring it to the Dallas Auto show - April 5-9!!! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
At Barrett Jacckson in Scottsdale AZ (1/17-1/22)they had all of the SRT vehicles and the Firepower and the Dodge Nitro, but no Challenger.

Unofficially they verified that the Nitro is going to be built. The official announcement will be at the Chicago Auto Show.

They indicated that the Challenger IS going to be built.:D No timeframe given.

They also indicated that the Firepower is going to become a production car.:)

Sadly, the ME 4 12 is still a prototype:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unforunately the HOUSTON AUTOSHOW has SUCKED for the last 10 years or more! Neither Challenger or the Camaro concept are coming! Hell, we don't even get the Ford GT500, we get the Friggin' SUPERCHEF... or SuperChief, or whatever that Mega Boat piece of crap truck is!

It Irritates the hell outta me because I still go every year, and drag my g/f with me with the hopes it gets better, and sure enuff, I'm always let-down... I might as well just walk around all the local car dealerships cause there's nothing big or exciting to see!

You would figure Houston being one of the Nations largest Metroplexes, and especially with the amount of car sales attributed to the area, Automakers would take care of us when the show comes to town.....

But, and I repeat....

HOUSTON AUTOSHOW SUCKS!!:mad:

Sorry had to vent... I'm done now:p

~Smokn:cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yea they pulled one on the portland autoshow they sorta hinted at the concepts cars in their advertising but an investigation of the website by me concluded the challenger wouldnt be there and it wasnt and my dad went to go see the challenger. He prolly wouldnt have gone , but as it was he still like poking around the trucks. I told him i would have gotten up and gone with him if i knew the chally was gonna be there. Which is hard for me considering my sleep schedule.

·
Registered
114 Posts
actually i like the supercheif but to it's own respect
maybe there is something close to you maybe you can bare a trip to the la show next year
i suggest to go by yourself though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts