2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
What do you guys recommend for cleaning the wheels and Tires?
So is it better to stick with the stock Brembo pads?Mothers Tire & Wheel spray..makes a huge difference, that a pressure washer takes any & all scrubbing by hand away.
By the way, powerstop pads due reduce dust, but increase stopping distance, testing IMSC showed nearly 30ft added to 60-0mph distances, thats enough to make a big difference in your day.
Have done this for years and continue to this day. Also, this removes the considerable (mainly) brake dust from all areas of the wheel -- if I started with rinse setting the water that runs off the tire/wheel/brake hardware has black in it from all the dust it carries off -- and if done "right" from the brake hardware. This has worked to "cure" brake squeal under light braking.
That is some great and detailed advice. Thanks brother.Here's what you should do.
1) do this at home with a bucket. Put about 3-4 oz of PH neutral car wash shampoo into about 3 gallons of water. This will make it strong. I suggest Adam's Car Shampoo.
2) Get a nice set of wheel and tire brushes. Don't buy cheap ones they don't last and they suck. I suggest Adam's Wheel brush kit with a barrel brush.
3) Adam's makes a Wheel and Tire cleaner. It doesn't have Iron remover in it so if your rims are bad you would also want to pick up Adam's Wheel cleaner which does has Iron Remover in it.
4) Once you get your wheels and tires perfectly clean, you won't need to keep using the Wheel cleaner, you will be able to switch to the Tire and wheel cleaner when needed cut 50-50.
5) Use a good water based Tire dressing like Chemical Guys VRT. It's excellent at repelling dirt and grime so the next time you clean your tires, you will only need the Car Shampoo and water with a Microfiber towel.
6) You will coat your wheels with some kind of spray ceramic or sealant. Use P&S Bead Maker or Adam's CS3 or Turtle Wax Spray sealant or their spray wax from their ICE line. It's great affordable stuff and holds up well on wheels.
Once you coat your wheels and dress your tires after you have them both perfectly clean , you will find it amazing easy to take care of them afterwards. I have only used Wheel and tire cleaner when it was new to get a perfectly clean surface, now I just use the car Shampoo and water with a Micro fiber towel and my wheels stay perfectly clean.
For Maintenance I re apply a coating on the wheels ever other wash or if I feel like it every wash. The tires I dress after every wash and man it makes all the difference in the world.
Tire and wheel care for most people is a pain but what most don't do is take the time up front as I do to make cleaning the wheels and tires a breeze.
Look into the brands I suggested Adam's in online only unless you live near a Adam's store, Chemical guys can be found at local automotive stores as well as Wallmart. Turtle Wax is also very local and in most stores, just focus on the ICE line that in my onion is the GEM of their line and P&S is found on the rag companies website. They also have a very good wheel and tire cleaner you can try out. It's excellent.