Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any RT owners put SRT wheels (rims) on their car? I was curious as to how this would look because RTs obviously don't have the Brembo brakes which I think makes it look nice.

If you do could you please provide pics?
Thanks.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I have considered swapping, but am waiting on the right deal to fall into my lap. And truthfully I kind of like the new IE 392 (same as Charger SRT) wheels even better. Again, it depends what kind of a deal falls into my lap.

As far as the Brembo calipers go, I wouldn’t worry so much about that. You can buy special paint for brake calipers and paint yours red or any other color to add a little pop. You can even get some white stickers that say Challenger on them. I plan on doing this when it warms up, regardless of the wheels I have on the car.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, the IE 392 wheels are pretty nice too.

But I don't know, there's just something about the SRT wheels that gets me. I feel like it's almost a different car with them. Call me crazy. :p

·
Banned
557 Posts
Nice pics Curtlf, thanks for sharing. :)

I agree, looks good w/o the painted calipers but I think it would look great with Hemi Orange painted calipers also, plus give it something a little unique since most are red.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to add. In searching for wheels I found Factory Reproductions to offer some great prices on factory style wheels. They even sell variants of the original like all chrome polished, black, etc.The only thing I am not sure of is if they use the same exact materials and weigh the exact same. Many times after market wheels are heavier.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Most of the reproduction wheels are cast in China and frankly so are most of the other wheels available. If you think your going to find an MSDS sheet on these wheels, you will have a hard time and if you did, what do you compare it too? However, you can get their weight.

The only way to know the specific alloy is to pay a fortune and have wheels CNC made from that billet aluminum alloy.

Even Foose has his standard custom wheels made in China.

You will find heavier wheels and lighter wheels and some close. When I moved to my 20s the wheels were a few pounds heavier, but the tires were lighter because of the profile. I was more concerned with overall tire+wheel diameter and I got that very close to the original 18s.

Just get a good brand and some style your happy with.
Oh yeah, forgot to add. In searching for wheels I found Factory Reproductions to offer some great prices on factory style wheels. They even sell variants of the original like all chrome polished, black, etc.The only thing I am not sure of is if they use the same exact materials and weigh the exact same. Many times after market wheels are heavier.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
When I bought my Charger, I wanted to swap to 20s. I installed some chrome steel wheels and immediately noticed that the car was slower off the line. I swapped the chrome wheels out for factory SRT8 wheels and got my performance back, plus good looks. My concerns with the repro wheels would be extra weight and whether or not they are hub-centric. Stick with the factory wheels if possible.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I put a set of SRT wheels on mine last spring, but I don't have any pictures saved on my computer.

I got a horrible deal, the ebay seller was a lier, other than that I am thrilled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts