Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all the other DRL posts on this forum, everyone one I saw had an RT. My dealer told me it was an RT thing and had to have the auto headlamps to work. He also told me that the my SE was not set up for the StarScan tool. Then I heard that the StarScan went through the 09 model year. But, they have a different tool now. All cars have to be able to modify the onboard computer, right? The hands free module even gave the instructions. Am I being jacked by the dealer tech? Of all the options, this one seems to stump the dealers the most.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Your dealer sounds like he is uninformed. Try finding another one in your area?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was told that they had to have a certian software for that and since they don't purchase the propriatary software package they could not turn them on. Sounds like BS to me. Guess I'll have to call around.

·
Registered
410 Posts
All Challengers are equipped with DRLs. They are activated for Canadian models; they are inactive for US models. All have the capability of being active.

If a dealer says otherwise, he/she is ignorant.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
had mine activated at my dealer shortly after I bought it in 09. took him all but 5 minutes to do it.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
We have both 09 SRT 6speed and 10 SE auto DRL's turned on. Dealer doesn't know what they talking about. When they turn them on with the star scan, you must put the car in gear for the lights to come on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
these dealers are idiots don't listen to that foolishness! Most of the time these clowns have no idea what these cars can and cannot do so they just make ish up. I'm guessing it's because it looks bad for them to admit they simply DON'T know how to activate them so they fabricate some bull to get out of doing the research

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, you are right, but I have noticed in my profession the same predicament. I spend so much time just keeping 300 computers on the network that I don't get time to delve into the Windows environment to find all the right click secrets. Then some student comes in and shows me a thing or two and I feel like an idiot. At least I don't make up some BS and try to snow my clients. I admit I just learned something new and go on. My service manager told me to come in and they will play with the equipment, but I don't want to drive 150 miles and spend a half a day dinking around on this.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah, you are right, but I have noticed in my profession the same predicament. I spend so much time just keeping 300 computers on the network that I don't get time to delve into the Windows environment to find all the right click secrets. Then some student comes in and shows me a thing or two and I feel like an idiot. At least I don't make up some BS and try to snow my clients. I admit I just learned something new and go on. My service manager told me to come in and they will play with the equipment, but I don't want to drive 150 miles and spend a half a day dinking around on this.
Sidebar, thats why in this and every profession people need to learn to slow down and say,"No, I don't know how to do that or if it is possible, but I can research it and get back to you with an answer" Thats how the enterprise level works. 300 computers seems like a lot till you're on an enterprise network with over 10 thousand devices. And thats a small enterprise network. People don't care what you know, they care about getting X taken care of, as long as you can assure them that it will be and then make good on your claims you will build that trust.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
Heck, the friggen salesman they have at some of these dealerships dont even know these cars and how to sell them. I walk into my dealer and I know more about the car then they do.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Their specialty is paperwork. No, getting the most money they can out of you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You should know more than your sales person when you buy a new car. When you go to buy a new car, you look at a few models and then decide on one. From there you study every aspect of the car, you join forums (like this one), you study the brochure and read every magazine article about the car. And then you go to the dealership and expect the sales guy to know as much as you.

When I sold cars years ago for a Dodge dealer we had 35 different versions of the Dodge/Chrysler minivans. How would I possibly know every little nuance of each model plus the other cars we sold. I was also a mechanic for 20 years before I went into sales and people would get mad at me when I knew more than them about the mechanics of a vehicle. I learned how to 'act' dumb real quick. Either way, I couldn't win with some people.

Walnetto, which dealer are you talking to around here for your DRL's? I've had the dealer in West Bend help me with all my mods and programming and they have come through every time. If it's something they don't know about, like adding steering wheel radio controls, I take in the directions and talk to the service manager and mechanic, from there they have done every thing I asked. I go there for all my parts and service so I also get a discount on both as well. I would call them and see if they can help with your DRL's.:thumbsup:

Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
If you search the threads you can find instructions on here how to have the dealer turn on the DRLs. Print it out and take it to the dealer. My dealer turned on both of my cars for no charge.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, the first person with an SE that had their dealer turn on their DRL. Now I know it can be done. What irked me was when his told me my car wasn't capable of being connected to a Scan. Duh, aren't they all?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ah, the first person with an SE that had their dealer turn on their DRL. Now I know it can be done. What irked me was when his told me my car wasn't capable of being connected to a Scan. Duh, aren't they all?
no. starscan support ended with the '09 models.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I meant witech.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
Anyone have a picture of what the DRL's on an SE look like turned on?

it is just your turn signal lights turned on a little brighter, when you switch on head lights they get dimmer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts