Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought maybe we could meet close to Pomona for a early Breakfast meet??

There's a DENNYS at 3012 W. Temple in Pomona, 91766.

I'll be there with my RED R/T if anyone wants to join me for breakfast about 7:00-7:30

There's another one slightly closer to the Fairplex where Springfest is held but I figure a lot of folks might be meeting for Breakfast and this one might be a little less crowded, still just a couple miles away.

For those unaware SPRINGFEST is a HUGE National gathering of MOPARS, thousands of sweet rides!! Only costs $10.00 to enter and it's for charity.

It's Sat. MARCH 10th from 9-5 at the Pomona Fairplex.

Who's in for some grub and a cool drive up line of the BEST looking cars on the road???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll try and make it.
I hope it ain't raining... friggin forecast isn't looking too good.

I just bought a set of Bravado Tribute rims and Micky Thompson Street ET P305/45/R18's which are supposed to arrive today and Friday.
Also, bought a MMX 87mm Throttle Body which just shipped today.
Was going to drag my car that day, but if it rains I won't be driving with those Mickey's on, that's for sure.

See you there!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and make it.
I hope it ain't raining... friggin forecast isn't looking too good.

I just bought a set of Bravado Tribute rims and Micky Thompson Street ET P305/45/R18's which are supposed to arrive toady and Friday.
Also, bought a MMX 87mm Throttle Body which just shipped today.
Was going to drag my car that day, but if it rains I won't be driving with those Mickey's on, that's for sure.

See you there!
Still 11 days away, those long term forecasts aren't that reliable.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
197 Posts
Thought maybe we could meet close to Pomona for a early Breakfast meet??

There's a DENNYS at 3012 W. Temple in Pomona, 91766.

I'll be there with my RED R/T if anyone wants to join me for breakfast about 7:00-7:30

There's another one slightly closer to the Fairplex where Springfest is held but I figure a lot of folks might be meeting for Breakfast and this one might be a little less crowded, still just a couple miles away.

For those unaware SPRINGFEST is a HUGE National gathering of MOPARS, thousands of sweet rides!! Only costs $10.00 to enter and it's for charity.

It's Sat. MARCH 10th from 9-5 at the Pomona Fairplex.

Who's in for some grub and a cool drive up line of the BEST looking cars on the road???
Sounds like a fun event!!! For those of us who have not attended what can we expect?

I'm definetly thinking of making it out for springfest! It must be a fun experience and a way to see what other fellow mopar enthusiasts have done to their Challengers.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This will be my first time going but I know it's over 1,500 MOPARS and lots of venders.

Check it out here........http://www.socallx.com/

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would the vendor offer nice discounts? I see Barton in the list.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
97 Posts
Forecast now showing rain in the late afternoon... here's hoping it moves farther into the evening - after the show!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rain now showing as 24% starting at 10am and jumping to 44% at 1:00pm.
So since I signed up for drag racing I'm going to have to get in line ASAP by 8am when it opens.
Also, I'll have to leave my MT Drag radials home as I don't want to be driving home in the rain with those on the car.

Friggin Mother Nature! :cursin:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just purchased my ticket for Springfest!!! First time attending should be fun to see all the different cars and mod ideas. Ill be attending in the morning looking to enjoy the cars there and avoid the rain.

See you all there!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah......a little rain is ok, hopefully it won't hit until late afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going, not sure about breakfast but I will try to bribe my 3 kids with pancakes if they get up early to go.
Ok Tony, see ya there!!

If I'm running late I'll skip the B Fast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I'm here at Denny's!!!
Ordered up a French Toast slam and coffee.
So far just a little bit of drizzle here and there.
Well, 7:20 now... Gotta get going as I'm racing my car before the rain starts.
Hope to see everyone there!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, NHRA didn't have their #$&$!! Together, so they screwed around and delayed it till it started raining, and then cancelled the racing.
I'm out $200.00 ($100 fee and $90 race gas), not to mention an additional $750 on a set of Nitto 555R tires as well.
Not happy.
Walked around in the rain and saw a lot of cool cars, but left at 10am due to the weather.
Better luck next year I guess. ?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, NHRA didn't have their #$&$!! Together, so they screwed around and delayed it till it started raining, and then cancelled the racing.
I'm out $200.00 ($100 fee and $90 race gas), not to mention an additional $750 on a set of Nitto 555R tires as well.
Not happy.
Walked around in the rain and saw a lot of cool cars, but left at 10am due to the weather.
Better luck next year I guess. ?
Hey man, sorry I missed u at DENNY's.

I got to Pomona about 7:45 and I was in the last 2 rows from the front gate.
Sorry to hear about the NHRA fiasco...so if they cancel they don't refund your $$$??? That sucks!

My first Fest so as far as attendance I don't have anything to compare it to but it looked like at least around 2,000 cars to me.....I think some vendors especially the food ones didn't show since there was only 3 or 4 food fenders there not including the ice cream vendor.

One strange note....I didn't see any OLD Mopars from the 60's 70's, all newer Challengers,300's Chargers and a few other newer vehicles. I didn't walk the WHOLE HUGE lot so I may have missed them??

I thought the FREE "thrill rides" (smokey donut rides and drifting in 392's) event was cool although I had a gal tell me that once and I think I liked that better!! >:)

See ya next year!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had a blast in Springfest!!! Tons of cars with different mods, great crowd, and Dodge hellcat rides where the cherry on the top! Needless to mention that demos were on the loose...

Glad I decided to go, will look forward to next years event!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts