Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Razor's Edge for me......definitely the most rigid due to the geometry of the brace.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Anyone have them installed yet ?
Why is the mopar more $$$ than the razor's edge ??
Because it says mopar...and unless you want it for the name, I would recommend the razors over the mopar any day. Better design and also chro moly vs mild steel in addition to being less money

·
Registered
308 Posts
I put the Mopar one on my GWE because I all ready had it from my B5 R/T. :)

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Looks good HP.

Any "covers" besides the BT's available for the Mopar brace????????

I just picked up the Mopar unit today for my R/T. $309 from the dealer, and I'll get it put on this weekend.

EDIT: May have found an answer for tower caps and the Mopar bar. American Car Craft #153014 looks like it may work. I've sent an email for confirmation, but looking at pics, I think that it will.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Because it says mopar...and unless you want it for the name, I would recommend the razors over the mopar any day. Better design and also chro moly vs mild steel in addition to being less money
dumb question but is the one in the middle the razor? top one says lakewood, bottom says mopar. where do the additional ends bolt into?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the Mopar one on my GWE because I all ready had it from my B5 R/T. :)

:bigthumb:
Nice ! GWE , I'm GWE cuz I don't have a GWE
Do you notice a significant difference in handling when you
toss that pup side to side ?
Cut down on body roll ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Does it bolt up aka no modification needed to install ?

Also just curious here, are there clearence issues
if you did a roots / twin screw blower ?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Does it bolt up aka no modification needed to install ?

Also just curious here, are there clearence issues
if you did a roots / twin screw blower ?
Yes bolts right up. If you plan to do a rear inlet blower like the kb, then we have a version that is designed to clear it...I would just get that up front if yu intend to install a sc at a later date.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks , undecided on the blower as of now but just in case want to know in advance

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Installed the Mopar brace last night, Easy install on my R/T. Had all the right tools ready, and it was about a 1/2 hour project.

Too late for a test drive, and too many "Bambies" out around here. Great fit, and no suprizes.............other than it looks GOOD.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice ! GWE , I'm GWE cuz I don't have a GWE
Do you notice a significant difference in handling when you
toss that pup side to side ?
Cut down on body roll ?
I installed it at about 50 miles on the car, so can't really say what a difference it make, but on my '09 R/T I could tell a difference.:thumbsup:
I've had strut tower bars on some of my other cars and could always feel change in the reduction of "flex/ body roll". :bigthumb:

:)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,888 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just ordered the drake today. It's going on my 392 if it fits, otherwise it goes on my charger. Will a strut tower brace help in straight line racing at all, or just the twisties?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I've been able to put a couple of hundred miles on mine since the Mopar brace was installed.

The front end of the car just seems more "rigid" now. It has a better control feeling in the steering.

Yes it's better in twisties, and as far as straight line "racing", I'm sure that the more rigid front can hurt with reduced body flex. Can't say that this will help ET's, but less flex over time has to reduce metal fatigue, so the car should stay tighter over time.

I do know that on the street, when hitting rough road surfaces, the suspension seems to be "doing its' thing", and the body feels stiffer. More of a controlled feeling, and I guess you could say "better handling".

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Ordered mine last year from Richard Petty motorsports website,Nice fit and immediately noticed and improvement

1 - 20 of 38 Posts