Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any you guys heard if they are going to make a manual trans six banger.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck I think they are missing a market there. That would be a fun car, and it would get over 30 mpg. I think they could bring people who want a stylish car with a little pep with the new engine, and be able to change gears. I wouldnt think it would be too slow with 3.92s in the back, and dodge could ease up on the engine torque managment they have programed into the v8 cars.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Heck I think they are missing a market there. That would be a fun car, and it would get over 30 mpg. I think they could bring people who want a stylish car with a little pep with the new engine, and be able to change gears. I wouldnt think it would be too slow with 3.92s in the back, and dodge could ease up on the engine torque managment they have programed into the v8 cars.
If they made one I'd be driving one right now. I couldn't justify the payment for a FF RTC in December (and that was with the rebates in effect) but I would have been able to pay for a SE. I will not own an auto Challenger though so no SE for me. You're missing out Dodge, look how many Camaros and Mustangs have a V6 and a manual.:fight:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think it would sell well also, and they don't need the big 6 speeder out of the V8 cars, I think the 6 speed you can get in say a Jeep Liberty would be fine for the torque.

Ford and GM sell a LOT of V6 / stick combinations, I'm sure it would mean extra incremental sales for Chrysler.

The cheapest manual Challenger R/T is really really expensive compared to a $20 000 Camaro or Mustang 6 speed V6...

·
Registered
466 Posts
not yet that i have heard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts