Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was at Walmart last night and they didn't have the greatest selection. I bought Meguire's Wash and Wax...has anyone used it and is it good to use regularly or should I buy a regular soap as well? I need to give my brand new baby a bath really soon! :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I would use it but not thinking it replaces waxing, just keeps the current wax protection tuned up a bit. Meguiars makes great products!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have yet to be over impressed with any of their soaps yet. Their natural shine interior spay is the bees knees though.
The best soap on the market I think comes from Adamspolishes.com

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Their Wash & Wax is intended to be used as a regular car shampoo so there is no need to supplement it with another one. However, I agree with sitedrifter. ….these types of products with “wax additives” and “gloss enhancers” are typically meant as a supplemental solution rather than a replacement for a dedicated wax/sealant. ….similar to a quick detailer or some quick/spray waxes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I still plan on waxing her as well, just wasn't sure if I bought the right product to keep her looking classy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just used it this weekend. I wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,146 Posts
I've used it from Day 1 and have been happy with the way it performs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've gone through a couple of bottles of Meg's Ult. Wash & Wax, and overall it's alright, but for me it has not been significantly better than the Meg's Gold Class Shampoo. I didn't notice too much difference in the shine or slickness because I don't rely on the car soap alone to provide a wax booster. Instead, I use a spray wax after washing whenever I'm not going to follow-up with polishing and applying a new coat of sealant and wax.

·
Registered
526 Posts
While I cant speak from from my own exp with these "wash & wax" products but in passing conversation with people that have used them the biggest headache they"ve had is that it leaves a stubborn hard to remove film on the windows/myself really pleased with "Detailers Pride car soap and every so often freshen up the wax with Mothers QD best bang for the buck IMO :thumbsup:just my 2 cents:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just washed my baby last night for the first time and she is looking very good this morning. The soap seemed to do a pretty good job of cleaning and shining her. I really wanted to wax as well, but I was losing daylight so I'll do that next weekend. My glass came out clear without residue, I just need to wipe down the inside and it will be crystal clear. The only thing was some streaking on the side windows but I think that's due to sup-par drying microfiber towel I have.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with this product. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Love Meg's products except their window cleaner

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try DriWash 'n Guard. Then you don't need soap/water or wax. I haven't washed a car with water for over 10 years. I occasionally (once a year maybe) apply Mequiars #6, #7 and #26. I sometimes use water for wheel wells and under carriage and tires. I live in Canada and deal with harsh winters. You do need access to a heated shop in sub zero months to apply it. Comes out of Las Vegas. Have distributors all over North America. Google DWG International

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was at Walmart last night and they didn't have the greatest selection. I bought Meguire's Wash and Wax...has anyone used it and is it good to use regularly or should I buy a regular soap as well? I need to give my brand new baby a bath really soon! :scratchhead:
I bought it one day when there was a sale on it and I can say i was impressed and use it or now on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts