Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just Curious, as a bit of a newbie to challengers I was just curious if there was many uk owners out there, all the time i was looking only saw at most 4 for sale in the in whole of the uk and already done a few long business trips and never seen another on the road,

Be good to hear if there's anyone else on the forum from the uk

Kev

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
48 Posts
yup theres a few of us here havnt really talk to any yet but i see them around. mines hibernating right now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice, mines a 09 Rt, can i ask what side markers do you have, my light conversion was done a bit temp as it was a isa serviceman's who originally was going to take the car back home.

I've sorted the rear indicator and front side lights, but can't seem to find cool way of dealing with the side flashers

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi I'm Jay. I'm from Manchester, just bought a challenger, but wait for it to come over on a boat. Will be another 7 weeks or so.

Just thought I'd say hi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,
I'm another UK Challenger owner, had mine 5 years now, V6 engine, although I've just brought a new R/T, should be here in early march, part exchanged the V6 for it, nice to see there's other uk owners, in 5 years I've only seen one on the road!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi chilly and jay

hi guys good to hear from you, i'm in devon saw a challenger in a car park in orlando and knew i had to have one. i'b be interested to know ideas on light conversions i've gone with halos for side lights, and a cool led strips under the rear lights as amber indicators both i'm pretty pleased with but struggling with side indicator/ markers. I've got nasty stick ons a the moment but look for a better looking solution

we should consider group buying parts if we need them and see if we can save on shipping :) i have a friend who regularly brings containers in from the states and always has room to spare for those bigger parts

all the best

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'm a engineer by trade, have a look at this, this is the light conversion on the back of my old caprice, as you can see no extra lights on the outside, uses next gen LED's and a bit of basic wiring for rear switchbacks.

click picture for vid.

as for side indicators, i'm not sure yet, if you check the IVA rebs it only has to be seen from the side to rear, so i'm thinking LED on the rear of the mirror,

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
side lights

nice mod, from what I've read you have to be able to see the side indicator when you stood at righ angles to you rear light 1m offset so side mirror would work well i did find a thread that did this but i don't really have the skills to do it.

i was thinking of putting led's behind a R/T badge on the side, or even embed led's the "/" part of the badge ? what do you think ?

i love the side lines of the car and loathed to put anything on it :)

i'm a engineer by trade, have a look at this, this is the light conversion on the back of my old caprice, as you can see no extra lights on the outside, uses next gen LED's and a bit of basic wiring for rear switchbacks.

click picture for vid.

as for side indicators, i'm not sure yet, if you check the IVA rebs it only has to be seen from the side to rear, so i'm thinking LED on the rear of the mirror,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah the sidelights are a pain, my lighting work was done by teslayn engineering never oxford, the work is excellent, it was actually a repair job after the importer I brought the car from did a bodge job on it, my car has the side lights in the side mirrors and the new one has really small little sidelights on my fenders under the hood to fender R/T decals, they're very discreet. My tail lights are all internal like jinxjay's (nice work by the way)
Nice to speak with some uk owners :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
any chance the UK folks could post a couple of pics of their side indicators, just so i can get some ideas of what can be done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a pic of my side indicators on my current challenger, hope it helps
thanks for that, i think that might be the same route i have to go down,
i have some slim oval lights already tinted almost body colour that i think will do,
i also thought about trying to get an R/T badge to light up, but not sure what to use to make it look good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
side lights

i was thinking of going down the route i saw when i had a 300c there was a company lighting up the back badge by mounting in perspex then setting led's inside the perspex. you end up with a slightly raised badge that has a back light

this type of thing

Gen I Chrysler Illuminated Rear Wing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2010 R/T classic, auto with cold air shaker, and corsa exhaust.

love the colour, thats so going to stand out on uk roads lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
lights n stuff

Probably the best light conversion I have seen was done by Teslayn Engineering.
Teslaynengineering.co.uk
They didn't do my challenger, but only because someone else did it before I owned it !!
I've seen their work, it is excellent.
Have a look at the interactive website.
Cheers. Adrian.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Probably the best light conversion I have seen was done by Teslayn Engineering.
Teslaynengineering.co.uk
They didn't do my challenger, but only because someone else did it before I owned it !!
I've seen their work, it is excellent.
Have a look at the interactive website.
Cheers. Adrian.
yea there work looked real nice, but damn its expensive.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts