Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone any experience of getting their navigation unit converted to show UK maps on a RHR 730N infotainment system?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi daveuk
Yes you need to exchange the complete unit you need the RHW 730N this unit is programed for the whole of UK and Europe you get
all uk stations etc if you give me a day or two I will get out my details CustomTronix can help Infotainment .com can help also its about $1250.00 I have this in mine and works great you may not be able to link up your phone to it but ask them I will dig out my invoice
Tony

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can have a much better, modern unit fitted for less, such as Pioneer SPA DH120

I have one in my Challenger and it works well if you link it to your phone.

·
Registered
221 Posts
concept most impressed I am kicking my self now bit like that advert on TV about selling houses !!! she puts her head in the cake !!
now you have p----d me off! tell daveuk he will save no end of cash, I will look into it myself ,where did you buy yours from? what about the plug in and play set up ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gotta say, that price stung me when I read it! I still have an old sat-nav I can use, but thought being built in I was hoping for just a map update.

I always have my phone paired up to it too, for streaming music so if that possibly didnt work, it'd be a no-go for me.

I might have a look-see at the Pioneer unit in the future though.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
33 Posts
concept most impressed I am kicking my self now bit like that advert on TV about selling houses !!! she puts her head in the cake !!
now you have p----d me off! tell daveuk he will save no end of cash, I will look into it myself ,where did you buy yours from? what about the plug in and play set up ?
The amp on my system had blown, so took it to autotronix in Bedford, put a new amp, and the head unit in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Powerstop brakes

sorry Tony and JChallenger for extreme slackness in using this site. I did put the Powerstop extreme Z26 street warrior slotted/drilled discs and ceramic pads on my R/T and they are brilliant hot and cold (the name is pretty impressive too!). They use the original calipers so it is an easy upgrade to do yourself. David Boatright American Vehicle Parts brought them in, very helpful bunch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Daveuk

Anyone any experience of getting their navigation unit converted to show UK maps on a RHR 730N infotainment system?
There is a firm in Sweden called Car Performance (found one in Lativa as well but no way am I sending mine to Latvia) that boast they will convert your American spec Multimedia centre into a Euro spec one including updating the radio frequencies to cover Euro frequencies for about £490 including shipping at current exchange rate, thought I would send mine there when it arrives and see what happens

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's all a bit strong money for me. I dont venture out too far too often, and when I do, it's normally not too difficult to navigate to the nearest motorway. I doubt it'll add that sort of value to the car either so I'll probably just stick with my 8 year old tom tom unit with out of date maps!

Thanks for the heads up anyway!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Not me, but I did see this Right Hand Drive 300 in a parking lot in Clevedon. The roads are narrow as heck there, and he drives this big beast there? He is brave.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I work in a place that builds high end sports cars. I'll say, for a company that builds wide coupes we're not very generous with the parking space sizes here!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I work in a place that builds high end sports cars. I'll say, for a company that builds wide coupes we're not very generous with the parking space sizes here!
Dave, did you get your Hellcat?

Considering supercharging mine, been trying to sell it, so may just have to keep it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No no. No delusions! I cant afford a Hellcat! I have a RT which is good enough compaired to the Euro boxes around here mostly!

241 - 260 of 273 Posts