Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Its Tony , did you mean me!!!!!, Tony in Bedford, yes I have the Black 392 and agree the Hellcat is still too pricey! ,
I`ve done all my internals, forged that is, and fitting Supercharger next Bank Holiday after a 500 mile run in
maybe speak to you all soon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes Tony, I meant you.

What supercharger did you go for?

My car is up for sale, but considering a supercharger if it doesn’t sell.

Is forged pistons a necessity?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi, I went for the Edelbrock kit P/N 1535 fits 6.4L , it requires no mods to the bonnet underside , other makes do this cos the pulley is slightly further forward, Edelbrock is for me ideal, at tick over and normal cruise, not so noisy unless you want the whine noise!
I went for forged pistons and rods only cos I`m a bit anal ! on the 6.4L the piston top lanyard area is small and could burn out the
top, is yours the RT 5.7L ? if you look into the forum under Forced Induction there`s loads of help there and a lot of engines do run all
stock parts.
If you decide to supercharge keep the pressure down to 6psi- 7psi max that's safe if you are going to go for higher boost ,say 9 to 12
psi internals are recommended there`s a lot of guys in the states run stock with no hassle, also believe or not, our altitude is not that
high (sea Level) air pressure is good, higher you are thinner it gets, I say this , I was going to get a chiller fitted to cool the air into the supercharger I spoke to Edelbrock a few times very helpful and they said we living in the UK are good

If you want to talk by phone contact me thro the forum and go private message, hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
Hi Guys

I have officially arrived now from The West Country

Regards

Dereck

Damn Why can't I see my own pictures on this forum?
I can't see them unless I copy the address and view them that way. You might try uploading to https://imgur.com/ or similar

A Guy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi A Guy

I can't see them unless I copy the address and view them that way. You might try uploading to https://imgur.com/ or similar

A Guy
These pictures are hosted on my own hosting service.

Perhaps the question should be then "Why don't pictures I link to show up in this forum?" It is the only forum that this happens in so there must be some sort of error in the software or maybe size restriction, the pictures are only 1008 pixels on the long side.

Regards

Dereck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
I can only tell you that some domains pics do not display for me, here and other places. It's an oddity to be sure. Since you can't see them either, it's possible no one can. It isn't size restrictions. Why your host doesn't display I can't say. But since it happens, thus my suggestion to upload elsewhere, or attach as thumbnails via the forum upload. A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello UK guys - what's your experience of driving a Challenger through the UK wet and winter? I've currently an A5 3.0 Quattro and it's amazing in crap weather.

Thanks
C

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,642 Posts
Hello UK guys - what's your experience of driving a Challenger through the UK wet and winter? I've currently an A5 3.0 Quattro and it's amazing in crap weather.

Thanks
C
If crap weather is a concern, go for the AWD GT with 3.6 300hp, otherwise, go big or go home with the V8s and create your own slippery roads on demand, or drive tame and don't worry about it. I have driven HEMI Challengers and Chargers in the snow/ice, and they aren't inherently any worse than any other car out there, but if AWD is a must, you are limited to V6 (or a 2014 and older Charger/300)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Pioneer.... Leaving the icy roads to the side.... I've only driven an R/T and not a V6 - my question then is, a V8 vs V6 - I know the difference in stats - but is a V6 a LOT less fun?

C

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,642 Posts
Thanks Pioneer.... Leaving the icy roads to the side.... I've only driven an R/T and not a V6 - my question then is, a V8 vs V6 - I know the difference in stats - but is a V6 a LOT less fun?

C
I haven't driven a V6 car like these. I do know someone with a 3.6 AWD 300 and it is fine. And I have a 5.7 HEMI 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the old 6 speed auto, and my sister in law has a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.6 and the new 8sp auto. I bet off the line and through the first couple gears it is very comparable to my HEMI. The 8sp auto is great for the V6.
I had a 2006 Charger R/T 5sp HEMI and LOVED it.
Then a 2015 Charger R/T R&T 8sp 5.7 HEMI and LOVED IT, it would have crushed the 2006 partly due to the newer HEMI with 30 more HP, but mainly due to the 8sp, and a bit due to the gearing in the Road and Track package (like a Daytona with no stickers...)
Then my 2018 Scat Pack, well, that is totally different, tame as you want it. My wife doesn't even notice its potential. Then nail it and the ass end goes up in smoke.
To sum up, to ME, the only reason not to get a 3.6, its only real problem, is the existence of the HEMIs. Tooling down the highway, sitting in traffic, the 3.6 is all you will ever need. But "need" is the word, not "want"...

·
Registered
149 Posts

Thanks
C
Can’t answer that. My SP is not driven in crap weather. Wet yes, but frost, ice or snow - nope.

261 - 273 of 273 Posts